troy6363

How do I do 3 monitors

Hey guys. I have a client that wants a 6 camera setup in their home. She wants the DVR to be located in the den area hooked to a monitor. She also wants to view the feed in her bedroom and upstairs in the media room. My question is how do I split the signal to show on all 3 monitors or tv? The monitor or tv in the den area, i will probably use the vga out. for the other two rooms I guess I will have to go with the bnc output. Please help!!!

Any kind of unit like the link below will work. Not recommending this. Just an example. This one uses BNC:

hxxp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/765351-REG/Shinybow_sb_3701bnc_1_To_4_Video.html

"xx" replace with "tt"

Dennis

Ok I was just researching video amplifiers. So this will ensure when I split the signal coming from the back of the dvr, that it will not be weak or distorted when it reaches the other tv's. Thanks i am on the right track now. Its a two story house and the attic is not accessible so now I will have to figure out the best ways to run wires without any being exposed. Thanks so much

If you want to be extra slick, you can use a video modulator and insert the signal on an open cable channel so they can watch on any tv in the house.

What Yakky suggested is what I did in my electronics service shop. I have injected different signal sources into the rf system. More expensive but that works without having to run any more cables. When I have been asked in the past to run cable from an attic or loft to a lower level, if they have closets over and under each other, that has given me a "conduit" to run cables without having to run them outside, inside walls or exposed. Whatever you decide, connecting the DVR to multiple TV's is possible.

Dennis

Does the dvr have hdmi out? You could also look into splitting that. I ran two cat5e cables to our bedroom and used an active hdmi extender. Works great.

the dvr is an entry level so it doesnt have an hdmi out. i really wish there was an easy way to do this. is there any option out there where if they want to control the dvr in the other two rooms? i know a little about ir sensors

Connect the VGA or HDMI to the local TV then take the BNC output, split and run two RG-59 cables to the remote TVs then use BNC to RCA into the TV. Cheap and works very well.

Hey guys. I have a client that wants a 6 camera setup in their home. She wants the DVR to be located in the den area hooked to a monitor. She also wants to view the feed in her bedroom and upstairs in the media room. My question is how do I split the signal to show on all 3 monitors or tv? The monitor or tv in the den area, i will probably use the vga out. for the other two rooms I guess I will have to go with the bnc output. Please help!!!

I use wireless A/V transmitter/receivers to feed the output to various locations all over the house. I use one to send a signal from a camera in the garage to the DVR. There are many to choose from depending on your budget and the resired results. They are mainly used to send TV, DVD, etc. A/V as most reviews will show this in addition to DVR signal.

Connect the VGA or HDMI to the local TV then take the BNC output, split and run two RG-59 cables to the remote TVs then use BNC to RCA into the TV. Cheap and works very well.
this is more than likely the route i will go. thanks

I use wireless A/V transmitter/receivers to feed the output to various locations all over the house. I use one to send a signal from a camera in the garage to the DVR. There are many to choose from depending on your budget and the resired results. They are mainly used to send TV, DVD, etc. A/V as most reviews will show this in addition to DVR signal.

can u send me links of some products that do this

can u send me links of some products that do this

Look here:

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us9&q=5.8+ghz+transmitter

I've had good luck with many of the 2.4 GHz devices as far as range is concerned but they did cause interference with some routers in the area. I've tested the 5.8 GHz transmitters and found them to be trouble free.

The 900mhz and 2.4ghz communication thing has become an issue with wireless products functioning simultaneously.

Microwave ovens, cordless phones, alarm systems, Bluetooth devices, wireless video cameras, outdoor microwave links, wireless game controllers, Zigbee devices, fluorescent lights, WiMAX devices, and even bad electrical connections-all these things can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

It is generally true that fewer devices currently operating at 5 GHz are causing interference as compared to 2.4-GHz devices. But this will change over time. Just as everyone moved from 900 MHz to 2.4 GHz to avoid interference, the "band jumping" effect will catch up with 5 GHz. Some devices that already exist at 5 GHz include cordless phones, radar, perimeter sensors, and digital satellite.

Anytime you use wireless devices of any type, you have the possiblility of interference. The one that drove me nuts in a home for quite a while, was the customers alarm system. It was either to disable the alarm system or do away with their wireless components. I don't know what they eventually did, but at least I found out what the problem was.

As a final note, the interference issue may not be locally related just to your home or business. If you have a home or business close to someone else who is using wireless equipment, you can cause interference with each other. A few years ago, there was a tremendous interference issue with numerous devices in about 4 block area. Like to never found out what it was. I went out in our van with a "sniffer receiver" and it turned out to be a problem with a cable TV system in a home. Contacted the cable company about the specific location. It took them a couple of days and a bit of argument between myself and them, but the problem was eventually fixed.

Dennis

The 900mhz and 2.4ghz communication thing has become an issue with wireless products functioning simultaneously.

Microwave ovens, cordless phones, alarm systems, Bluetooth devices, wireless video cameras, outdoor microwave links, wireless game controllers, Zigbee devices, fluorescent lights, WiMAX devices, and even bad electrical connections-all these things can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

It is generally true that fewer devices currently operating at 5 GHz are causing interference as compared to 2.4-GHz devices. But this will change over time. Just as everyone moved from 900 MHz to 2.4 GHz to avoid interference, the "band jumping" effect will catch up with 5 GHz. Some devices that already exist at 5 GHz include cordless phones, radar, perimeter sensors, and digital satellite.

Anytime you use wireless devices of any type, you have the possiblility of interference. The one that drove me nuts in a home for quite a while, was the customers alarm system. It was either to disable the alarm system or do away with their wireless components. I don't know what they eventually did, but at least I found out what the problem was.

Dennis

So far at least in my area I have found the 5.8 GHz range to be trouble free. I did have difficulties with the microwave interfering with the video using the 2.4 GHz but since I switched to 5.8 GHz that problem is not an issue. There was also some interference with my neighbors laptop connecting to their router and others on my street had various issues but after testing the 5.8 GHz transmitters I have seen none of this. I can place a laptop next to the transmitter and not have a problem connecting to the router on the third floor where I also had a transmitter. My neighbor says everything is ok there too. No one knows what will happen in the future for sure but I will take advantage what I can for now.

Al.

the dvr is an entry level so it doesnt have an hdmi out. i really wish there was an easy way to do this. is there any option out there where if they want to control the dvr in the other two rooms? i know a little about ir sensors

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generation-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B000C1Z0HA

You replace one of the batteries in the remote and the remote is converted from IR to RF. I have one and it works very well, range is whole house.