Sign in to follow this  
kaffine

system recommendations

I am wanting to setup a 4 camera system that can be expanded to at least 10 cameras. If possible I would like to keep it under $1500. If needed I could start with only 2 cameras to help keep the price down. Image quality needs to be good enough to be used to identify unknown people.

2 cameras will be outside under a patio. 1 camera will be inside and the last will be outside exposed to the weather.

I would prefer PoE cameras as power is not near some of the camera locations.

I can have the patio lights on a dusk to dawn sensor or a motion sensor depends on what would work better. The inside camera I would like to work in the dark but I could also put the lights on a motion sensor if it would help.

The NVR can be either standalone or computer based but I will need to buy/build a computer for it.

Any recommendations on cameras and NVR? Thank you

I am wanting to setup a 4 camera system that can be expanded to at least 10 cameras. If possible I would like to keep it under $1500. If needed I could start with only 2 cameras to help keep the price down. Image quality needs to be good enough to be used to identify unknown people.

2 cameras will be outside under a patio. 1 camera will be inside and the last will be outside exposed to the weather.

I would prefer PoE cameras as power is not near some of the camera locations.

I can have the patio lights on a dusk to dawn sensor or a motion sensor depends on what would work better. The inside camera I would like to work in the dark but I could also put the lights on a motion sensor if it would help.

The NVR can be either standalone or computer based but I will need to buy/build a computer for it.

Any recommendations on cameras and NVR? Thank you

Hello,

I would go with Geovision. They sell a NVR standalone system with HDD and 4x 1.3mp cameras. I have found the package for as low as 1275.00 shipped. If you need outdoor cameras you can sell the indoor domes that come with the system on Ebay for an easy 245.00 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120988838670&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

This system is also expandable to 8. If you do not want a full NVR standalone system, you can purchase Geovision cameras one at a time as long as you have a pretty beefy machine. These include 32channel NVR software for free.

Thank you,

George Boyle

Dallas Wholesale CCTV

I would go with Geovision. They sell a NVR standalone system with HDD and 4x 1.3mp cameras. I have found the package for as low as 1275.00 shipped. If you need outdoor cameras you can sell the indoor domes that come with the system on Ebay for an easy 245.00 each.

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> love it .......its your add..........if he needs outdoor cameras ......then sell them from the start

also there is the lite2 which records direct to unit .......lite needs storage.