torence20

drv dummie

hey guys im new here, im not a high tech person but i bought a dvr for a home security system for my house/shed. el cheapo setup. anyways long story short with my lack of knowledge on the subject i purchased a dvr and it has no hard drive. can anyone tell me what i need for a hard drive manuel says dvr supports hdd with sata hdd interface, i have no idea what the heck that means. thanks

hey guys im new here, im not a high tech person but i bought a dvr for a home security system for my house/shed. el cheapo setup. anyways long story short with my lack of knowledge on the subject i purchased a dvr and it has no hard drive. can anyone tell me what i need for a hard drive manuel says dvr supports hdd with sata hdd interface, i have no idea what the heck that means. thanks

Hello,

We usually use Seagate hard drives as they are least likely to go out. Go to your local Fry's, Micro Center or Best Buy. Ask for a Seagate Sata Hard Drive 7200 speed. You can usually get a 1 terabyte for about 99.00. This will go easily inside. There are 2 SATA connectors to connect to.

Thank you,

George Boyle

Dallas Wholesale CCTV

hey guys got a question on cameras now i have indoor/outdoor dome ir night vision camera well the idea was to put the cameras inside looking through the window. less obvious to the outside world. the camera is just reflecting off the window. any way to resolve this?

Best option is to buy another camera with either no IR or the option to turn it off. The el cheapo cameras generally don't have a way to turn it off. IR simply doesn't work through glass.

Well, maybe, possibly, you might be able to Mickey Mouse something and put a small foam ring around the lens but smaller than the IR ring and press the whole works against the glass so that the IR doesn't reflect off the glass and back into the lens. Tricky though and you'll most likely get tunnel vision and some IR bleed anyway unless you can hold the camera firmly against the window to seal the foam ring tightly. That's the 10 cent solution to a $150 problem though.

looks like im going to have to mount it outside and try to figure out how to run the wire

Maybe you can try a cheap polarizing lens. You don't need a mount and can make up something that will hold it in place in front of the camera lens. I have sucessfully done this with photography. I would give it a try if it were myself. You would need to adjust the brightness. A circular polorizer would be best as you can rotate it for better results.

Good luck.

Al

A cheapo circular polarizer is $20. That's throwing more money in the trash. Cameras behind glass have all sorts of issues. I'm sure OP is going to find the camera isn't that great, even when he gets it outside.

A cheapo circular polarizer is $20. That's throwing more money in the trash. Cameras behind glass have all sorts of issues. I'm sure OP is going to find the camera isn't that great, even when he gets it outside.

Maybe you are right.Have you ever tried it yourself? I have had great success when used on still and video cameras in the past.