angelsfann02

I am at wits end! Who can help me please?

After a few days of searching on this forum and on the web, I have decided to post this. I am a newbie to the CCTV install world so bear with me.

I decided to cancel my video surviellance lease with a well known company after many years and alot of money. Long story short, they came for their equipment and I convinced the supervisor to leave the wiring in place. ( I told them to leave it in place incase I wanted to re-install a system).

I went ahead and bought the same type of equipment they had unistalled. 1-Samsung shr-2082dvr, 6 Everfocus Emd Dome cameras and I decided to use a Toshiba Lcd tv to I view the cameras with. I have the Tv hooked up to the Toshiba Dvr via the VGA port connection. I installed everything and while I can see all the cameras the problem I am having is the monitor "blinks" or shall I say the image disappears for a nanosecond. Sometimes it does it at close intervals, but sometimes it goes alot longer.

FYI, I used this monitor with the "old" set-up and i viewed the cameras with no problems.

Here is what I have tried on my own:

1. Bought new power supplies

2. Tried premade bnc siamese cables

3. Plugged each camera directly into a mini-monitor

4. Checked all conections to be firm and right

Alright someone throw this dog a bone!!!

After a few days of searching on this forum and on the web, I have decided to post this. I am a newbie to the CCTV install world so bear with me.

I decided to cancel my video surviellance lease with a well known company after many years and alot of money. Long story short, they came for their equipment and I convinced the supervisor to leave the wiring in place. ( I told them to leave it in place incase I wanted to re-install a system).

I went ahead and bought the same type of equipment they had unistalled. 1-Samsung shr-2082dvr, 6 Everfocus Emd Dome cameras and I decided to use a Toshiba Lcd tv to I view the cameras with. I have the Tv hooked up to the Toshiba Dvr via the VGA port connection. I installed everything and while I can see all the cameras the problem I am having is the monitor "blinks" or shall I say the image disappears for a nanosecond. Sometimes it does it at close intervals, but sometimes it goes alot longer.

FYI, I used this monitor with the "old" set-up and i viewed the cameras with no problems.

What are the specs on the power supply ?

Basically the video "output" of the Samsung Shr Dvr is connected to my monitor (Toshiba 19" lcd tv) using a VGA cable. I can use component, bnc, or vga. I just happen to have a perfect length VGA. I used this tv with the Toshiba Dvr model (uninstalled by the monitoring company) and it worked great- no "blinking" or temporary loss of picture. I also find it odd that the screen does not say "loss of signal". The actual images just disappear for a nanosecond the come back. All of the cameras at once.....

P.s.

Before the old system was removed, I took screen shot pictures of all the settings for the old DVR on my iphone, screen by screen, so that I could set those same settings upon installing this dvr myself.

Does the issue happen at regular intervals, like every 5, 10, 15min? I'm not familiar with your dvr, but some will record in chunks (usually configurable by the end user), such as 5min, 10min.....60min, etc. I'm just wondering if could be during the time when one chunk ends and another begins that the image blinks.

Additional questions:

When video is played back do you see any dropped frames?

Does the replacement dvr have the same firmware version as the old one?

Do you know what type of hard drive is installed? Not talking capacity - referring to make & model. Not all hard drives are created equal.

Maybe a "VGA" resolution compatibility issue. There are multiple resolution "mixes" with "VGA". Maybe that the one of the DVR isn't really "liked" by your television. As it was stated, you may have to settle for BNC if it is "Composite Video". You said that one of the choices is "Component". Not acquainted with the DVR, but does it have the Red, Green and Blue jacks, which is Component?

Dennis

Goovyman, no dropped frames upon replay. The "blinking" happens every few seconds. The whole screen and cameras blink at once. Although my current Dvr is the exact same model as the dvr taken away by the security company, I did not take note of the firmware version or harddrive....

Dennis, the Dvr has a single yellow video out on the back. I believe I may try to use the video out or other outputs, although it should not matter. Anybody have any other suggestions?

image.thumb.jpg.ac94e60ae84f1e9c11ea5607fe9f0ddb.jpg

Have not tried the "yellow" video output yet. I will try that tomorrow, but I find it odd because I have everthing configured exactly as the old system. Really frustrating.......

Try change VGA Cable, I guess maybe the VGA Signal too week.

agree with the others, this sounds like some sort of signal problem or mis-match between the dvr and the monitor, nothing to do with the cameras. could be the cable, could simply be a resolution or refresh problem. or it's possible the monitor is failing.

Update: Problem resolved! After trying the "composite" output with no success, and trying a different VGA cable, I decided to perform a factory reset. This set all the settings back to the way it was when it was shipped out. Well it worked! Everything is now recording and viewing as it should. Thanks to all that chimed in

-Moderator please marked as closed.