DavidGEP

Dahua DVR, DLINK Router

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to here and on port forwarding, and to add to the mess im using a DLINK router that has had a known DDNS issue (so im not using ddns).

My service provider Optimum Online and we only have the basic service.

I found out that port 80, was blocked by Optimum so I have alternatively used port 81.

So I have forwarded 3 ports.

port 81, to my DVR internal IP

port 37777, to my DVR internal IP (TCP)

port 37778, to my DVR internal IP (UDP)

i use my internal address, 192.168.0.XXX:81 to connect to my DVR with no problem.

I cannot connect through an external address. My Phone app keeps giving me login failed.

another thing to note is that whenever i use canyouseeme.org to check my open ports.

81 and 37777 are successfully opened, but not my 37778 UDP port.

I've tried many different things but my phone app keeps giving me a cannot login error message.

Any help is appreciated....just looking for a nudge in the right direction because i am totally stuck

first, go to ipchicken.com to get your 'true' outside address. then look at the 'wan' address in the router status to make sure it matches. some isps perform extra routing themselves and your router gets an ip on their internal network. also, if they've provided you a modem/router combo device and you're adding your own router after that, the ports will need to be forwarded in the modem as well as in your router.

second, try setting your dvr's address in the 'dmz' section - that will forward *all* otherwise-unassigned ports to it.

third, the router may not support loopback (meaning you can't connect to its outside ip from the inside network); if your phone is on your wifi, that's what it would be trying to do.

I'm not quite sure why I'm suggesting this, but,,,,,,

After trying GrouchoBoucho's suggestions and if that doesn't work, go in to your router's port forwarding, leave your port 81 alone, but set another one for a port range 37777 to 37778 and selct "both" TCP/UDP. Either way, let us know what you find out.

Dennis

thank you for the suggestions, so it turns out for some reason the DVR wasn't recognizing its own internal IP for some reason. I just changed the internal IP to something else and forwarded ports 81 and 37777, and it worked for some reason.

Thank you for all the suggestions, I definitely spent alot of time researching the forums and has helped me alot. looking forward to posting more.!

Check your IP Gateway in you DVR

Example 192.168.1.10 ip your DVr , 192.168.1.1 IP Gateway for Router or Modem

regards

More than likely there was an internal IP conflict, between the DVR and something else on the network. Changing the DVR IP, naturally fixed the problem.

Dennis

If you can connect locally no conflict of ips , reviews the Gateway IP Network DVR settings. You put the DNS of your Internet provider in the DVR. From a cmd window to run a ping ddns you created, for example: ping mydvr.sytes.net, you should receive a response, if not so check any open ports on the router.

I hope you make it " title="Applause" />