Sign in to follow this  
Eric79

Outdoor camera hardwired 110V

I`ve been searching for an outdoor camera(s) for some time now and not sure if I`m dreaming of a product that simply does not exist, or if someone can point me in the right direction.

I`m looking for a camera/enclosure that can be hardwired in to a 110V circuit. I`m hoping to place the cameras near where my outdoor lights are (or in place of the light) and use the existing 110V for power. Obviously i would be looking at wireless for signal or 10X which I`m not a huge fan of.

Unfortunately running Low voltage wire to these locations is not an option, due to cost.

Has anyone come across anything such as this?

I have seen line powered cameras over the years but your selection will be greatly limited. Why not just do an outdoor rated outlet extender to match whatever is under the light. Then you could attach a short conduit to another box that houses an outlet or even simpler a 24vac transformer.

I assume you have worked out that you will have to either keep the switch for the light always on or bypass it.

Mobotix cameras would fix that. They have adapters for using them with 110, can be set up for wireless or stand-alone operation and can tie into your existing computer network.

We install them on parking-lot signs, outdoor light poles and other such places all the time.