tomdlgns

GV-POS Text Overlay

i am looking to add text overlay into my geovision DVR from a Sam4s SPS2000 POS system.

this states that it is compatible with

GeoVision Point of Sale Integration links the GeoVision Surveillance System to any Electronic Point of Sale System.

but at the bottom of the page it has a list of POS systems it works with.

Cash Registers POS Systems:

SAMSUNG 4615CASIO TK-6000CASIO TK-7000FUJITSU ICL 4000 (*2)Sharp UP 600Sharp UP 3300WINCOR NIXDORF BEETLE SWINCOR NIXDORF BEETLE MWINCOR NIXDORF BEETLE XLSamsung ER650Panasonic 5500Gilbarco, G-SiteRuby Super System II - GemstonePanasonic 7500

http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/pos-dvr-gv-cash-register-data-inserter-gv-pos.html

has anyone used the POS text overlay inserter?

GV text overlay is expensive.... are you using GV text box or a 3rd party Box

i don't have anything right now, looking to add it to my current POS system.

i emailed their support and got a very quick reply

http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/pos-dvr-gv-cash-register-data-inserter-gv-pos.html

Your site states that this is compatible with any POS system, but at the bottom of that page it has a specific list of POS systems that I assume it is compatible with.

I am a little confused. If it is compatible with any POS system, why include a list on your site?

Thanks

Hi there,

That is a great question. I think we just wanted to put the most common brands on there for more definitive information. As of now, in the three years I have been here I have not found a pos system that they have not worked with.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank you

EDIT- i replied back asking him if anyone has asked about the Sam4s SPS 2000.

his reply

Hello again,

No I have not had one with that specific pos system. Do you have a geovision system to plug this in to?

Thank you

I can vouch that the geovision pos works well when everything is setup, sometimes setting it up can be a pain. I have had some customer who use AVE VSI-PRO and it seems to be more user friendly when it comes to setup.

AVE VSI PRO connects between the camera and all the configuration is in the box.

210179_1.jpg

From what i understand is you can give the model number of your POS system to AVE and they will pre program it that system prior to sending it out.

Hope that helps.

Works fine with sps2000.

But you will have to use a serial port.

Ave vsi or Gvi POS box are not required, unless driving more than 75 feet.

Select Star TSP200 journal printer and real-time print on SPS2000

Generic printer on Geovision.

Works fine with sps2000.

But you will have to use a serial port.

Ave vsi or Gvi POS box are not required, unless driving more than 75 feet.

Select Star TSP200 journal printer and real-time print on SPS2000

Generic printer on Geovision.

do you know alot about the SPS2000?

i was logged into the sps2000 and under the program mode. i dont recall exactly what options i was looking at, but i remember seeing the thermal printer set/configured on the screen. i clicked to create a secondary printer and some of the options were pretty obvious...name, com port are the only ones i remember seeing.