robenson

noob ;)

Hello all,

Just got a job installing CCTV.

I've booked some courses and registering on forums to get the best start possible. I find the work very interesting and at the moment very demanding.

Hoping that I can get some good help, hints and tips from this site, and looking forward to the day when I can help others

Until then, a big hello from me to everyone

Hello all,

Just got a job installing CCTV.

I've booked some courses and registering on forums to get the best start possible. I find the work very interesting and at the moment very demanding.

Hoping that I can get some good help, hints and tips from this site, and looking forward to the day when I can help others

Until then, a big hello from me to everyone

Hello,

From a guy that started his career installing. I have found this helped me and I look for this in people I hire today.

1. Learn the DVR/NVR software your company mostly uses. Network,Ports, etc...

2. Be self learning and motivated. I am sure you are going to be under someone who has been installing for a long time. For a CCTV installer this can be eternity. So for you to learn on your own and be forthcoming in your actions, this is a big deal for me and I hope other employers. Nobody wants to babysit you.

3. Take pride in your work. I can't count how many times I have had to redo others crap work. This will reflect you as an installer and your company. From ceiling to floor always remember someone will see and judge your install.

4. Buy your own tools. Make sure you have the right tools. This will save you so much time in the end. Buy a TDR, Compression Tool, Volt Meter, Hammer Drill, Fish Rods/Tape, and a tall ladder ha-ha.. etc. This list is to long to go on.

I hope you your success's and welcome to the industry!

Thank you,

George Boyle

Dallas Wholesale CCTV