kb32

Outdoor IR Cameras

What cameras do you guys recommend for outdoor use, analog, 12V DC power, with IR? Please provide links to stores or pictures.

Hey kb32,

IR cameras are okay. The biggest issue i find across the board of the brands i've installed is that they pretty much throw out a ring of IR light and will concentrate on the centre of the view. You can by IR illuminators which provide a broader spectrum of IR and aren't terribly expensive. Day/Night cameras may also provide a solution for you. Check out

http://video.boschsecurity.asia/video/Dinion-1080p-HDR-low-light-performance-with-and-without-illumination/4390cf206908a75b799465911d234413

Now that's a HD daynight IP camera and obviously an advertisement but float around the bosch website. it's a wealth of information about everything cctv. But remember light changes throughout the day and night with reflections and then headlights etc. What looks good in the moment may look a out of focus at another time of day. IR cameras are best to focus at dusk or lower light levels i find.

Regards mate

While that is definitely above the budget, I appreciate your opinion and link. Those are great cameras!

Working with a customer at the moment on some IP66 IR cameras solutions. Here is the list of cameras we are suggestion:

*EDIT: Just saw you said analog...

Analog

Honeywell HD73

Sony SSC-CM564R

IP List Below

Vivotek FD8372

Vivotek FD8335H

ACTi KCM-5611 (NO IR)

Samsung SNV-7080R

Samsung SNO-7080R

Samsung SNV-5080R

Samsung SNO-5080R

IMO, its very hard to beat the Qvis EYE-34N. ~$70 each, good IR, even at wide angles, great DSP and good night vision.

Kvu7YJkrlAo

You can see it compared to other various cameras on my channel.