andyh747

Direct IP Control on Dahua DVR

Hi All,

I'm looking to control my DVR directly over the Ethernet interface using a universal control app on an iPad. The app allows you to control any device by utilisng direct IP commands. I already have the iPad app to view and playback but this is not what I want to do. I want to have control of the DVR front panel by using direct commands sent via the network.

I know there is a facility for doing this via a PC and I assume this is using IP to send the commands needed. Does anyone know what the command protocols are for direct IP control of a Dahua DVR? I know I could use IR via a universal blaster but using IP would be much better.

Thanks.

Control of the DVR from an iPad. Instead of using the IR which is line of sight I want to be able to change the screen display wherever I am in the house. The DVR is in a control room with other equipment but the output is piped to all TVs in the house. Therefore it would be useful to control it from any room so I can change screen display, playback etc.

After doing a little more investigation I think the best method would be using RS232. However I need a list of the RS232 codes to control the DVR. I know this port is usually used for a keyboard but I want to send the codes direct for control.

Anyone have a list of RS232 codes?

So Dahua don't produce a code set for RS232 comms? Makes finding the correct codes a little tricky! I know it's possible using a packet sniffer but its a bit of a chore. Considering that the keyboards can communicate with the DVR using RS232 its a pity Dahua don't release the command protocols.

I use an IR extender to be able to change the views/playback from my bedroom. I just had to run a cat 5 cable from the location of my nvr to my bedroom.

There is a major flaw with IR on my system. I have an IR pass through system which allows IR control of the DVR from another room. However the Dahua reacts to other IR remotes I have for a PVR and an AV receiver. That means if I send a signal to my amp or pvr things change on the DVR! Not ideal. Manufacturs aware but no fix as yet.

Only workaround I have found is to change the remote ID to one different to that set on the DVR and only enable it again when control of DVR required. That's why I'm looking for an alternative control method.