Devendra Maske

DVR Internet connections for Viewing from outside

Need help to connect DVR in Public network on laptop and Samsung Galexy 2 Android phone.

I have installed one DVR 3104 and I can able to view in local network.

I am trying to open DVR from outside the home but its not connect in Public network on Laptop or Samsung Galexy 2 Android Phone.

I have open both ports 80 (HTTPS) and 37777 (TCP) also off the firewall.

Some sites suggested that I need to use NO-IP or DYNDNS.

But I dont know that how to use it. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Devendra

You need to forward 3 ports with Dahua DVR. Web port (80), TCP port (37777) and UDP port (37778).

Then you weill need to either have fixed IP, or configure a dynamic DNS service like dyndns or no-ip (I am not going to explain that since there are plenty of guides and tutorials available).

Thanks for reply.

Yes I have already forword that 3 ports in DVR and router also.

Could you please tell me that using "np-ip.com" Am I able to view DVR on my cell phone.

I dont have static IP

If you don't have a static IP, then you need to use one of the available dynamic DNS services, any will do.

You should be able to do it already using your direct IP, which you can find out here: http://www.whatismyip.com/

(but this will only work as long as your IP is not change by your internet service provider; that is why you need a dynamic DNS service, either that or you have to pay to have a fixed IP).

Hello Mindtest,

Could you please help me once again. I am confused in assigning an IP to DVR. I get two different IP's, one when I run a command of "IPCONFIG" in CMD and another from "www.whatsmyipaddress.com".

I am confused because both IP's are different.

Also please tell me if I use IP which I am getting from "whatsmyipaddress", then what will be my gateway or how I will find it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks N Regards

Devendra Maske

The IP address you get when running IPCONFIG is the one given to your PC. It is generally a dynamic IP address given by your modem. Your DVR should also get its own dynamic IP address like your PC.To reach the DVR behind a modem you need to configure your modem to do a port forwarding.

The IP you are getting from cmd ipconfig is the internal network IP address. The whatsmyip.com address is your external IP address. When you set up dyndns that is the ip address that they will need.

Just to clarify, your internal IP address is the address you use to access the DVR when you are connected to the same network as the DVR (your internal network) the external IP address is the IP address given to you by your ISP, this is the address you use to communicate with the internet, and unless you have paid extra you have a dynamic (changing) External IP address due to the shortage of IPV4 addresses left.

You use the external IP address when connected from outside your network, however you also need to setup port forwarding and like was mentioned will need a DDNS service to keep track of your Dynamic External IP address as it will change from time to time.

And just to clarify port 80 is only HTTP not HTTPS where (s) stands for secure. HTTPS is port 443, and is often combined with SSL or TLS to achieve the added security.