Sign in to follow this  
samwise

CCTV ghosting problem

Hi all,

Installed a system for a family member consisting of 3 cameras in an outside shed for watching animals calving etc. However, I am getting very bad interference problems that I can not seem to fix. First time working with cameras so any help would be greatly appreciated!

So the system has 3 cameras. (2 dome IR and 1 bodied). These are inside 2 sheds and wired back to a central box using RG59 shotgun cable. (Carrying video and 12v power).

Inside this box I have connected the 12v and crimped BNC plugs onto the RG59 cable. I have connected these BNC plugs into standard cat5 baluns and wired into a 10pair external cable that runs 80m to the house.

Inside the house I have put baluns onto the cable and attached into DVR.

On the monitor inside when viewing any camera I can see the images from the other cameras strobing across the screen. Looking online I can see what is refereed to as crossbleed or ghosting.

Hope the picture below makes sense.

cctv.thumb.jpg.2445354793e355cefec72f39943dc976.jpg

Hi all,

Installed a system for a family member consisting of 3 cameras in an outside shed for watching animals calving etc. However, I am getting very bad interference problems that I can not seem to fix. First time working with cameras so any help would be greatly appreciated!

So the system has 3 cameras. (2 dome IR and 1 bodied). These are inside 2 sheds and wired back to a central box using RG59 shotgun cable. (Carrying video and 12v power).

Inside this box I have connected the 12v and crimped BNC plugs onto the RG59 cable. I have connected these BNC plugs into standard cat5 baluns and wired into a 10pair external cable that runs 80m to the house.

Inside the house I have put baluns onto the cable and attached into DVR.

On the monitor inside when viewing any camera I can see the images from the other cameras strobing across the screen. Looking online I can see what is refereed to as crossbleed or ghosting.

Hope the picture below makes sense.

[attachment=0]cctv.jpg[/attachment]

Is your 10pr cable back to the house a "differential twist" (eg cat5) ? Check for split pairs

Is your 10pr cable back to the house a "differential twist" (eg cat5) ? Check for split pairs

As far as i can see wires are all straight within the plastic insulation. (not twisted or paired). There are 10 white wires and 10 other colors. By split pairs do you mean broken/damaged pairs?

sounds like cross-talk between the pairs. i'd suggesting using cat5e instead of this 10-pair; the pairs have different twists so you don't get signals induced into adjacent wires.

Thanks guys. The 10 pair cable is buried underground so I really dont want to have to dig it up! Would doubling up wires cut down on crosstalk or would it just weaken the signal?

Could it be related the a PSU problem? I have checked the power supply and its giving 12v properly on all wires and is more than rated for the job, amperage wise.

try stringing a piece of cat5e across the ground and connect it up, see if that solves your problem... if so, at least you know what it is, even if it's a pain to deal with. if not, then you can rule out that it's the type of cable.

doubling up pairs won't help - there should be one pair per balun.

Thanks for the reponses. Ran a cat5 cable across the ground today and sure enough it solved the problem! Twisted pairs ftw!

• Like 1