seanog

PTZ at 50 meters.

Would a DVR with 12v. output be strong enough to power a PTZ camera at 50 meters?

Do you want your DVR to control PTZ Via Rs485 or supply Dc12v to ptz ? if control via rs485 , it is OK.

Normally ,DC12 only can go about 10-15 meters .

Philip

Phlip.Hdview@gmail.com

Would a DVR with 12v. output be strong enough to power a PTZ camera at 50 meters?

Do you want your DVR to control PTZ Via Rs485 or supply Dc12v to ptz ? if control via rs485 , it is OK.

Normally ,DC12 only can go about 10-15 meters .

Philip

Phlip.Hdview@gmail.com

12v only goes 15m ????????????

Does sthe DVR have a 12v power output for the cameras? even if it is a seperate power supply check voltage at the camera. What size wire arre you using? Depending on wire size that distance should not be a problem. We have powered cameras with 12v Dc on much longer runs without problems.

I wouldn't trust it that long, especially if the camera has fan/heat/IR. If so, you'd be much better supplying power closer to the camera. Even without that stuff on-board, you could have problems moving the camera for tours and such. I wouldn't do it. I have a ptz with fan/heat/IR and even with a 12v 5A, I kept the power run to 15 meters. Good luck.

12v only goes 15m ????????????

Yes,Tom only 15 m

then it stops takes coffee break and very often go back

mmmmm yes or 12v has a problem going up hill

Hi

DC12V is one very low voltage. With our test result. If the DC12V is powered with net cable, the longest distance only can touch 8 meters. If longer, the camera won't work for the outpu voltage already lower than 6 voltage.

50 meters is also one long distance for RS485 communication. RS485 is voltage signal from 4V to 9V.

Marin

Hi

DC12V is one very low voltage. With our test result. If the DC12V is powered with net cable, the longest distance only can touch 8 meters. If longer, the camera won't work for the outpu voltage already lower than 6 voltage.

50 meters is also one long distance for RS485 communication. RS485 is voltage signal from 4V to 9V.

Marin

Before you do anymore tests GO BUY A NEW TEST METER.

Don't know how you do your tests but for years we have RS485 data going well over 200m and above.

[quote="marvincctv"]Hi DC12V is one very low voltage. With our test result. If the DC12V is powered with net cable, the longest distance only can touch 8 meters. If longer, the camera won't work for the outpu voltage already lower than 6 voltage. 50 meters is also one long distance for RS485 communication. RS485 is voltage signal from 4V to 9V. Marin [/quote] i think you're in the wrong line of work. this information is so wrong, it's beyond laughable.

Hi

Marin

i think you're in the wrong line of work. this information is so wrong, it's beyond laughable.

the guy is well past laughable.

marvincctv i see your in china ................. please tell us how you can claim you are part of BSIA.

just shows china will print and copy anything for sales even if they dont understand it

hi TOMCCTV : Do you know what's RS485 singal standard? What's RS232 ? What's RS422? What's the different between them?

All the standard is from USA. After 1970, in order to make good coummunication between devices, the RS232 standard be made out. But the communication distance of RS232 is too much short, then RS422 be used popular. RS485 is the improved communication standard of RS422.

RS485 A: 2-6V ; Rs485 B: -2 to -6V.

You'd better back home to read colleage again.

hi TOMCCTV : Do you know what's RS485 singal standard? What's RS232 ? What's RS422? What's the different between them?

All the standard is from USA. After 1970, in order to make good coummunication between devices, the RS232 standard be made out. But the communication distance of RS232 is too much short, then RS422 be used popular. RS485 is the improved communication standard of RS422.

RS485 A: 2-6V ; Rs485 B: -2 to -6V.

You'd better back home to read colleage again.

YES I DO. ............ BUT if you can't get RS 485 to work at only 50M. It's you that has the problem not me

READ POST. 50m. (160 ft). IS NOT A PROBLEM

i've used rs232 to run ptzs at well over 100m

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232#Cables

The standard does not define a maximum cable length but instead defines the maximum capacitance that a compliant drive circuit must tolerate. A widely used rule of thumb indicates that cables more than 50 feet (15 m) long will have too much capacitance, unless special cables are used. By using low-capacitance cables, full speed communication can be maintained over larger distances up to about 1,000 feet (300 m)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-485

Maximum distance 1200 metres (4000 feet)