Hi,

do I need special email for sending alarms from ip camera ?

Because I can't configure this option - still "Fail connection to email".

Serwis was told me probably I need mail whit low security acces, is this true ?

What camera? Some cameras support SSL and you can use Gmail, Yahoo, etc... Many others don't support SSL and you will need a third party email address like GMX.com.

smtp.gmail.com port 465 with SSL

smtp.gmx.com port 587

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry, my camera is IPC HDB3200C

I was tried with gmail and with gmx and still the same problem. What i'm doing wrong ?

212037_1.jpg

The sender needs to be an email address and you need to put in the email address your sending it to(reciever). The sender and reciever can be the same email address.

Ok , i'm wrote all so Receiver, but when I want save settings I have info: E-mail sender format error

And when I click Email Test I have info: E-mail test connection failed

PS. This function need any port forwarding ?

I was tried with all options and no positive results

I was translate smtp.gmx.com to 213.165.64.44

Tried whit 25 and 587 port and whit all authentication option.

The SENDER needs to be an email address, not just the name. Use same as the reciever address.

Machineman is correct, change sender Caporeira to the email address. If port 25/587 doesn't work try 465. If using an email password I believe you need to tick authentication.

If you have not got this to work yet try this....

I got this to work on my "Dahua" camera just last week due to a customer wanting this feature. Here is what I did....

1. Created a free gmail account (this will be email the pictures/motion events originate from)

2. On camera webpage, for SMTP server I put smtp.gmail.com

3. On camera webpage, port 465

4. On camera webpage, for username I input my created gmail *******@gmail.com

5. On camera webpage, for password put the password for the gmail account you created

6. On camera webpage, for sender use the same gmail created account ******@gmail.com

7. On camera webpage, authentication is SSL

8. On camera webpage, check attachment box and input the receiver email address and make sure you click the + symbol to add the email address with an interval of 15

9. I forwarded the port 465 to this camera IP address....I have no clue if that helps or hurts but mine works by using that.

10. Last but not least, go to the event page on the camera webpage and check the box under Video detect for send email. Check the test button and see if it works.

If you have not got this to work yet try this....

I got this to work on my "Dahua" camera just last week due to a customer wanting this feature. Here is what I did....

1. Created a free gmail account (this will be email the pictures/motion events originate from)

2. On camera webpage, for SMTP server I put smtp.gmail.com

3. On camera webpage, port 465

4. On camera webpage, for username I input my created gmail *******@gmail.com

5. On camera webpage, for password put the password for the gmail account you created

6. On camera webpage, for sender use the same gmail created account ******@gmail.com

7. On camera webpage, authentication is SSL

8. On camera webpage, check attachment box and input the receiver email address and make sure you click the + symbol to add the email address with an interval of 15

9. I forwarded the port 465 to this camera IP address....I have no clue if that helps or hurts but mine works by using that.

10. Last but not least, go to the event page on the camera webpage and check the box under Video detect for send email. Check the test button and see if it works.

Thank you all of as for help. Now it is work But first time whit this configuration dosen't work - I think she need time to change setting and I'm to fast write and test click.

Is it possible to send this email with snapshot (with foto) ?

Thank you all of as for help. Now it is work But first time whit this configuration dosen't work - I think she need time to change setting and I'm to fast write and test click.

You have to save the settings before testing it again.

Now I know, but I'm all so can not save because I was to Sender wrote only name.

Do you know answer for my question ?

Thanks to this old thread I was able to get my camera set up, but is it normal for it to send three emails for each event?

Thanks to this old thread I was able to get my camera set up, but is it normal for it to send three emails for each event?

Depends on how you setup it...

Depends on how you setup it...

I get three separate emails one that tells me motion detected, then one with the photo, then one that says motion stopped. All 3 come in at same time.

I'd like to add one more thing to this thread that might help someone else.

I struggled trying to get my email working with this same software.

Bottom line: the software will ONLY accept basic keyboard characters. NO ~@#% etc. The email I was using has unacceptable characters in the password and I was cutting and pasting so I didn't see it.

As soon as I switched to a different email account, it worked fine.