ElementalFireX

Please help me with this scenario :)

I have a scenario I am trying to run by you guys to see if you know of a solution

I want to get either one or two outdoor IP cameras somewhere between 10-30ft up on a pole to survey a property. I want to be able to take that one or two camera feed and push it out to a intermediate host where thousands of people can view the camera feed at once.

The internet connection used is a 5 down .3 up DSL connection on a static IP (it's all we can get at the moment). Later after this main event is over, I would like to take those two cameras and separate them and put them into a security camera method of use with a localized DVR.

Also to throw another option into the equation is that I would like both of these cameras to be able to auto pan on a regular basis. This is not a requirement but would be a preferred option.

How would you guys go about doing this? What products would you use? Your information would be very helpful to me and I would be very thankful for your time in helping me with this.

This would be doable, the only problem is your upload bandwidth. You can either send out the RTSP stream and convert it to RTMP offsite and have ustream or justin.tv etc to host it and embed it into your website. Or you can convert it to RTMP onsite and send it straight to get hosted on a streaming server. Your bandwidth is very limiting since one HD video will require at least a meg of upload speed. You can probably send lower resolution streams with that though.

No problem apart from frame rate and resolution. It's standard IP webcam stuff.

If you want higher resolution then it might be useful to use on-camera storage, so the uploading is low res for monitoring, but if high res is required after the event for evidence, it's available from the camera.

You will have a very hard time streaming video with only .3 up (assuming we are talking 300KB up). Thats also assuming you would get the posted rate your ISP gives for upload, which is most likely not the case. There just isnt sufficient bandwidth to do a live stream of 2 cameras in real time.