funkadelic

Dash Cam Solutions Using Rotating Storage?

Does anybody have links to sites that show more sophisticated setups? Maybe a dash-cam NG?

http://dashcamtalk.com/ is dedicated to all things dash cam related. After some reading of their reviews, I purchased a TioTech GT300W for roughly $100, which is an "unbranded" DOD LS300W (records 1080p @ 30fps, 140 degree FoV, records to microSD). Video quality is pretty good. Just need to figure out how to hardwire it to the car now to get rid of the ridiculously long cig charger cable.

Just need to figure out how to hardwire it to the car now to get rid of the ridiculously long cig charger cable.

For my front-facing camera, I pried up the bezel around the stereo, pulled out the stereo head unit, and put a vampire tap on the switched 12v used by it. Now the cam comes on when I turn the ignition key on and turns off when the ignition goes off.

For the rear cam, on my 2005 F-150, I found a switched 12v b/w wire that supplied the Body Security Module behind the rear seat. Biggest hassle there was getting access by removing the back of the rear seat. I ran that and a ground wire up so that they exited behind a headrest and attached a couple of Anderson connectors rather than a cigarette lighter socket.