jrdbrn

DX8100 Configuration

I have a Pelco DX8100 that I had to re-install the image due to a failed drive. Now I can't connect to it via the net. Internally it works fine, but externally, it does not. The ports on my router are open, 80 and 9002. Any idea if further configuration is needed? It worked before it crashed.

Okay, are you trying to login on it through a computer that is on the same local network of the DVR? If so, are you able to ping the DVR's assigned IP address from the machine you are trying to log on to it from?

Second, do you have a site name and system ID assigned for the DVR in the settings? Make sure you copy it down right, it is case sensitive.

Your DVR’s site name is used to identify your system to clients and other DX8100 servers. Your DVR’s system ID is used to uniquely identify

your system on a LAN. System IDs are required to prevent possible conflicts with other network devices.

If you aren't using DHCP to assign the IP Address be sure the all the fields are correct in your static IP settings (and make sure DHCP isnt checked) make sure the subnet and gateway match up to your server settings. Also make sure that nothing is already using the static IP you are trying to assign.

Are you using the multicasting options?

Below is the default ports that the DVR is set on

9002 Base port for transmission of video, audio, and interface data

9003 Software upgrades

9004 Emergency agent notifications

9005 Information port

13900 Ping port

Make sure you are using both TCP/UDP when you are setting up the ports in your router.

If you are using multicasting; you need to enable it and set the IP in this range : 224.0.1.1 - 224.0.1.253

After you do any changes to the DVR Network properties you need to do a reboot of the system.

Hope this helps, let me know if not and we can try to pinpoint where exactly the problem is with some more information!

Rick Watson