bluegene

audio feature in cctv system

My client wants to have an audio sytem installed at their business premises to listen to conversation between her representives and customers,there is already a cctv camera installed at that area.what are the different options can we have to deploy this feature.Thank You

I do not know where you are located, but be sure you check with your local laws first to see if audio surveillance is allowed where you are. Some states/areas consider it to be eavesdropping or wiretapping.

Edited by Guest

If it is allowed where you are located, if the DVR/NVR that is present allows for audio, you just need to run a cable for audio with a small microphone, and then plug it into the audio input. I've done this for a customer where we just poked a small hole in corner ceiling tile and slipped the small mic in, wasn't noticeable.

Yes, I am covered as far as the state law is concerned.OK so is it possible to grab a microphone and hook it straight into the dvr audio-in because i don't want to spend money on a new analog camera that has built in audio feature..Thanks

I just ordered a few mics off eBay. Search for "security mic." They plug into the same power connection a CCTV camera does, and plug into an RCA cable.

I have to admit: I was confused for days. I kept looking for an adapter from mics I already owned to my security DVR. I finally realized they need a different kind of mic. (I'm not saying an adapter is not available, I'm saying dedicated mics make more sense in my case.)