platinum

dahua nvr3208 - remote not working as expected >>

Have the NVR setup and working well. The only part that doesn't seem right to me is the remote control that came with it. It doesn't work unless I hit the "Add" button on the top right of the remote. Then some of the keys work.

The remote seems locked out from working unless hitting the "Add" button first. Anyone else experience this and is there a setting for it that I am missing.

I want to be able to scroll through channels with the remote

Thanks

DVR remotes usually can be used for many DVRs, so before using it you have to tell the remote what unit to control. Like, you could have 5 DVRs from the same brand, and use just one remote ton control them all. Every DVR will have an id (000-999), so before you send commands, you have to tell the remote what unit you are sending the commands to.

Check the manual that comes with the DVR, you will probably find info on how to use the remote.

I own a dahua NVR-3216V The default device ID is 008. I had to place black electrical tape over the front of my DVR since the ROKU remote interferes with the NVR If you search around on the Dahua support pages you'll even find the tech telling folks to use the mouse and not the remote