ConfusedCCTV

Recommend DVR for 16ch and 8ch please

Hi all - from this newbie,

I am in the final stages of doing the cctv system for my shop showroom in Perth, Australia. CCTV is a maze and it's very confusing.

Could you guys please recommend the most popular brands of DVR as used by members here. So far I've noticed Dahua is quite popular. I don't think it's easy to find in Australia, but I will try and source it if it's a recommended and reliable brand.

What I need:

2 x DVRs for two sections (16ch and 8ch). Both will be using ALL channels.

D1? (from what I've read) - prefer to record in the best quality possible based on HDD size

Expandable HDD

Time+date stamp during recording

Back-up to DVD

HDMI output?

Remote viewing on Mac and iPhone

I would be grateful if you can provide links or model numbers. It doesn't need to be budget options. Good quality and RELIABLE is what I am after - esp since it's for commercial use (image clarity, time+date stamp and recording needs to be very good).

Thanks heaps!

Rather than 2x DVR's - go for a Hybrid system, there are many that do 16 Analogue and 16 IP from the same box, there are many popular DVR/NVR systems in Australia.

From the Pacom IDR series,

Bosch,

etc etc - I assume you ahve already had answers on this, the fact that you are in WA - I would suggest either Bosch or Pacom, as they both have offices there and reputable dealers that deal with the mining sector

- We also have staff there - LOL

Thanks very much CCTV down under. I have talked to a few people and managed to work something out!

I went to the Bosch center in Balcatta and a young guy behind the counter (with the cognitive capacity of a thumb-tac) told me that they only supply to licensed CCTV installers - and that I will "NEVER get prices as low as ours no matter how much you look for it".

All good. Sorted now. Cheers!