Sign in to follow this  
IceyU

Good websites for getting quotes from local professionals?

A while back I had bumped into a website where local security professionals could quote you on professionally setting up a camera system. I can't find the link any more for the life of me, and my Googling has gone in vain. Are there any good/current websites where I can submit my needs/budget and get contacted by professional companies? I even signed up for angieslist but was disappointed.

For local installers, one way is to do your research first and decide on a brand of cameras that you like. Then contact the vendor and ask for a list of certified or authorized dealers in your area. It is easy today for customer to be educated on the products that will work best for your needs and meet your budget.

Things to Note when looking for an installer:

Make sure they are insured and licensed for your area

Try to be sure they use name brand parts if you havent picked a particular brand. Be sure to ask for and keep all warranty info.

Ensure they are an authorized Dealer for the products or purchase from an authorized source.

Pricing will be higher then you will see online. Running a business costs money, so 10-20% above lowest online prices is a fair markup.

Remember you are not paying just for hardware or just hooking up a wire, you are paying for experience and knowing that the company should be there to support you if you have problems and to make sure you know how to use what they installed.

Get it all in writing!

Groucho - Remote config and install does work in a lot of cases but is not right for every install. Even some of the Higher end vendors we work with are suggesting new ways to go the managed services route with cctv.