Q2U

Trouble connecting Dahua IPC-HDB3200C to Vivotek ST7501

I’m having a heckuva hard time a new getting my Vivotek ST7501 server software installation to recognize and insert a new Dahua IPC-HDB3200C 2MP camera. I can log into the camera by way of the camera's web interface and I can edit and/or update and save all of the IPC-HDB3200C's settings. But for the life of me I cannot get the ST7501 server software to see the camera and insert it. Urgh; I spent 4-hours trying and I don't know what else to try. I believe I'm running the latest version of the ST7501 server and LiveClient software (v1.6.4.5) and the Dahua IPC-HDB3200C camera seems to work fine as a stand-alone unit. I know that the ST7501 server software is functioning OK as I have two (2) Vivotek FD8136-F2 IP cameras connected to it and they are running great and our network is configured correctly. The IPC-HDB3200C's BIOS software is 2.103 Build 2012-7-24.

Has anyone had any luck or suggestions for getting the HDB3200C to work with Vivotek’s ST7501 software?

Can anyone help me. I'm really stuck here.

Thank you.

I ripped this from the Vivotek site-

"ST7501 is a free standard video management software working seamlessly with all VIVOTEK network cameras and video servers."

"ST7501 is a free standard video management software working seamlessly with all VIVOTEK network cameras and video servers."

Thanks partner. I figured that too, but I believe I've read that it has been done so I's like to give it another two hours...if I had some ideas about something else to try...but the idea well is dry.

Thank you though. I appreciate your time and effort.

Edited by Guest

No troubles. I'm not saying it's impossible (nothing's impossible), but I bet Vivotek has gone through quite a bit of trouble to make sure that people can't use their free software with other brands of cameras. More power to you if you can make it work though.

Thanks partner. I figured that too, but I believe I've read that it has been done so I's like to give it another two hours...if I had some ideas about something else to try...but the idea well is dry.

Thank you though. I appreciate your time and effort.

May the force be with you