Sign in to follow this  
Fars666

hooking up 4 separate monitors for ch1 ch2 ch 3 ch4

Hi everybody,

I'm stuck with my DVR which is Swann 4 Channel 1080p HD SDI Security System with 2TB Hard Drive and 4 1080p HD Cameras.

The question is how to hook up each channel to a single monitor and place it behind the door.

btw I was suprised with the quality of video this thing does a really good job! compared to lorex HD it's 3x better.

Back to my question, I want to install 4 x 13" inches monitors and set each channel to play real time video on each of the monitors, is that even possible?

I know of some cable TV equipment that would do it but could cost thousands per channel to do. It would be cheaper to completely start over with IP cameras. However if you wanted to feed many TVs like at a hotel it would be the way to go. You would need an SDI splitter which would feed your DVR and the other would feed an SDI to QAM modulator/encoder. QAM is the modulation that is used on cable TV systems to carry digital channels. All newer TVs made in the last several years would be able to display these channels.

Not cheap but much less expensive solution would be to use what broadcasters use, something like this: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/smartview/

Maybe somebody makes larger monitors, but these have loop throughs so you can feed the DVR and the displays.

It would be cheaper to completely start over with IP cameras

wow. he has a new system already ???

and going IP will just make it harder than with what he has now.

SD/SDI IN/OUT with DVI OUT Box is all that's needed at each monitor.

Feed from SD camera goes to box loops out to DVR and box converts signal to DVI

It would be cheaper to completely start over with IP cameras

wow. he has a new system already ???

and going IP will just make it harder than with what he has now.

SD/SDI IN/OUT with DVI OUT Box is all that's needed at each monitor.

Feed from SD camera goes to box loops out to DVR and box converts signal to DVI

I see I gonna give up on SWANN DVR than because I have some time to return it.

I found preally good Dahua DVR but it's 960H http://genivtechnology.com/products-one/category-two/G4-WD1-HBRPRO

However, it has loop out ports .. I couldn't find any LCDs that would be compatible with loop out outputs

Any suggestions on how to hook it up?

What do you mean compatible with loop outputs? A loop through would be something you would find typically on analog inputs where beside an input is also a "loop through" connection so that you dont have to use a splitter before the DVR. The BNC inputs on a DVR would be the same as a composite (yellow RCA) input on any monitor. The loop through could feed a redundant DVR or individual leads could be fed to monitors.

With IP you dont have loop throughs since you cascade your own connections through networking switches. So a computer or computers would need to be used to display seperate camera feeds. Depending on how many graphics adapters you have on a PC would determine how many live feeds you could pull up.