Fars666

DAhua or WatchDog?

Guys I'm planning to get a new DVR system can't decide which one is better. They are priced in the same range... Please help me out. I'm also need loop out campability to being able connect separate monitors. Dahua Recording is listed at (30 fpt D1) but WatchDog is rated (120 ftp D1) - I'm not sure how true is that... I don't wanna any freezing lagging video when watching recorded video.

1. Dahua http://www.securitycameraking.com/4-channel-ultimate-series-h-58046-prd1.html

2. WatchDog http://www.amazon.com/DIGITAL-WATCHDOG-DW-VF8500G-PENTAPLEX-480FPS/dp/B006VS2K94

Or if you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it! I'm really looking for only 4CH DVR and my main concern is to play recorded video smoothly and being able to see everything in real time action like no freezing points what so ever.

Just to clarify on the FPS on DVRs some will list the total FPS on all its channels and some may give this on each channel assuming it would be filled. It looks like they are saying the Dahua one would do 30fps per channel for all channels so 120fps. It looks like they are advertising the DW as doing 120fps BUT it has 8 inputs so max would be 15fps on all channels. However if you had only 4 cams and wanted 30fps you could do that with the DW.

Having said that do you realize that depending on the speed of objects moving through a camera shot that it may be very little difference in 30fps vs 15fps. Below 7fps or so is about where you will see a difference in motion of people for example. Recording at such high frame rates even at D1 will not give you much archive time too.

Check this video out for a FPS comparison:

Just to clarify on the FPS on DVRs some will list the total FPS on all its channels and some may give this on each channel assuming it would be filled. It looks like they are saying the Dahua one would do 30fps per channel for all channels so 120fps. It looks like they are advertising the DW as doing 120fps BUT it has 8 inputs so max would be 15fps on all channels. However if you had only 4 cams and wanted 30fps you could do that with the DW.

Having said that do you realize that depending on the speed of objects moving through a camera shot that it may be very little difference in 30fps vs 15fps. Below 7fps or so is about where you will see a difference in motion of people for example. Recording at such high frame rates even at D1 will not give you much archive time too.

Check this video out for a FPS comparison:

That's very very helpfull thank you so much!

I install dahua for my own jobs and DW for where I work. I HATE the DW mobile APP and web interface. I think the Dahua

app and web interface is much much easier and nicer. My personal choice would be the Dahua dvr.