cctvnewbie13

Help Setting up Sunluxy H.264 DVR for remote viewing?

Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone as I'm a newbie and any help is greatfully welcomed.

I have brought a Sunluxy H.264 4Ch Dvr model:- SL-7104

I can't for the life of me work out how I need to set it up for remote viewing either on another computer or via my mobile.

I have read the instructions many times and still none the wiser. I have tried to find information to help me online but also not got anywhere so I thought it best to come and ask the pro's.

I have set up everything else with the Dvr but getting it online is my only problem both remote viewing and setting up email alerts.

If anyone is able to help me with these issues I would very much appreciate the help.

(if all help could bein very simple terms that would be great also)

I will start with you and then leave it up to others to finish with you who are acquainted with the model specific software.

Are you able to access the dvr within your network? If not then there's where to start.

Have you determined what your router/gateway address is?

Have you set your port forwarding in your router?

If you are able to access the dvr within the network, then have you determined what your WAN address is? Enter in your browser "whatismyip.com".

Answer those and I'm sure someone on here will be able to get you going in the right direction.

Dennis

I totally agree with Aibudo point you need to cross check Sunluxy H.264 all settings or I suggest you to hire a surveillance systems professional.