Fars666

Coax cable GR59 vs RG6

Hello there,

I was wondering which cable is better for the camera use.

I'm really looking to run 4 lines in my house 1x 78ft 1x65 ft 1x 95 ft and 1x 95ft.

I'm seing some positive reviews on RG 6 cables but ... is that type of cable is sutable with BNC connectors male/female? My DVR has only BNC connectors and I don't wanna use any splitters..

Also I found this very convinient set coax + power. However the coax is made of RG59/U

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Coaxial-Siamese-Security-Surveillance/dp/B001JKI7H8

Thank you in advance !

Two things:

* Rg59 will do just fine at distances up to at least 750 feet.

* Most RG6 is made of the wrong material - copper-clad steel and aluminum versus all copper.

Either one with F fittings and F to BNC adapters. Those footages don't even come into degradation play. I prefer Siamese 59/18-2, if you choose to use coax.

Dennis

The main difference in RG6 vs RG59 is RG6 has a thicker center conductor as well as the overall cable is slightly thicker. When using either or you want to make sure you buy connectors that is meant for the cable. You would use RG6 for longer distance cables but in the case of CCTV this is many hundred feet. As mentioned under 750 you should be fine.

What you need to pay attention to whether the coax is meant for CCTV which would be a "video" grade cable. This will be solid all copper center conductor and with quality cable the outer sheilding will be made up of copper too. Coax made for TV will not typically have a solid copper center conductor. However coax meant for modern satellite dishes WILL have a copper center conductor as its meant to carry power. Coax for sat or cable will almost never have copper braiding. Coax for sat/cable will only be RG59 if the length is very short like with a jumper.

The main difference in RG6 vs RG59 is RG6 has a thicker center conductor as well as the overall cable is slightly thicker. When using either or you want to make sure you buy connectors that is meant for the cable. You would use RG6 for longer distance cables but in the case of CCTV this is many hundred feet. As mentioned under 750 you should be fine.

What you need to pay attention to whether the coax is meant for CCTV which would be a "video" grade cable. This will be solid all copper center conductor and with quality cable the outer sheilding will be made up of copper too. Coax made for TV will not typically have a solid copper center conductor. However coax meant for modern satellite dishes WILL have a copper center conductor as its meant to carry power. Coax for sat or cable will almost never have copper braiding. Coax for sat/cable will only be RG59 if the length is very short like with a jumper.

Got it thanks a lot guys !