Chob

connection problem Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

I've got a 3 month old Dahua IPC-HDBW3300 with latest firmware (General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724) but I'm having 2 problems with it. I use my Synology NAS as DVR.

First problem, every night at 02.00AM the camera will disconnect and I get an automatic email. Right after that, within seconds, I receive an email that the camera is connected again.

Second problem, every day when the camera switches from day > night mode (IR) or vice versa he sees it as an detection so I receive an email. I don't think this is normal.

WIth these 2 problems I receive 4 emails a day and therefor I don't take them seriously anymore. I'm quiet new with IP-cameras and I hope this is enough info to understand the problems. If not, please reply and ask your questions.

Thanks.

The first one is caused by a firmware setting that reboots the camera every night at 2 am, which is enabled by default. I turned mine off months ago with no issues.

The second is somewhat normal, as the change in so many pixels at once is seen as motion detection. There's no way around that that I know of.

Thanks Coolie11 for the visual explanation of Maxicons answer. I will look into it tonight, sounds plausible.

The only thing I don't understand that the rebooting started after the firmware update. Before that he did not do that.

Ok, will check it tonight.

About the motion detection when he switches from day to night and vice versa, this is how the snapshot looks:

215947_1.jpg

Can somebody confirm that this is correct?

I don't use on-camera motion detection, and my software uses pre-trigger frames, so I get the full clip of a few seconds before the change and 30 seconds after.

What yours looks like is the IR filter is partially out of the way, but not completely, which is an interesting piece of timing. The dark band is presumably the frame for the IR filter. I'm not sure how fast the filter transition is, but they're typically pretty fast. Having a high frame rate would make it easier to catch the in-between setting.

Traditional still cameras with shutters can do this when using a flash, and it's fixed with what they call synchronized flash, but it's not normally considered a problem with surveillance video.

If you can change the trigger time for motion detection, that would prevent this from causing an alert. I set my motion detect trigger at 1 second to minimize triggers caused by bugs and such.

The filter has a switch(transition) time of about 1/3-1/2 of a second. It's motorized, not electromagnetic, thus making it slower (and i think less prone to get blocked)

Just took the time to check the settings and you were right about the maintenance settings so that problem is solved.

Also I unscrewed the dome and check the position from the IR filter but as far as I can see and have the knowledge to judge, it seems fine. Could not see anything strange.

The frame rate is set to 15fps and 1280x720 resolution. I will test it with 20fps.

About the trigger time for motion detection, I could not find these settings in Synologys Surveillance Station. Anyone?

*Edit. Found the settings for motion detection, also made some changes.

thanks for the help guys!

Yeah, this is normal operation for the IR filter. As it moves, the camera sees it going across the field of view, rather slowly per dexterash, and detects it as motion (along with all the pixels changing color).

This morning again got a email notification when the camera switches from night to day mode so the adjusted settings (15fps > 20fps and lower level of motion detection) did not help.

For now I'm already pleased with just 2 not important notifications per day.

How did you connect this camera to the synology nas. I tried using the generic onvif and it didn't detect the camera. I just purchased it yesterday

Hi guys I have 3 hdbw3300 ip cameras all with their own ip and ports. I had them connected to a hybrid Dvr and all were accessible through the network individually, however when I connected them to a dahua 5208-p nvr I get no picture. Do I need to default the cameras or even change some ip setting to get picture?

I bought a cheap ebay mic the other week to play around with, but haven't gotten around to hooking it up yet. Maybe next weekend...