buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

Look forward to the night videos.I can only view on phone until I get off work. Any still shots. I'm assuming the NVR is capturing in 1080p and not able to make advantage of the 3mp res. Wonder if another software would be able to.

Not trying to be intrusive but any other videos of other mountedcams would be nice. Wonder how much sharper iIQ is for say an entryway or something.

This is a cross-post from another topic...

Somewhere buellwinkle wrote that he thought these "Swann" cameras might be Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. So here are pictures of both.

What do you think?

1.hikvision-ip-ds-2cd2032-i-1_01.jpg.0e3174ca3cf4d9f9b1ad07ddb7a706cb.jpg

2.Swan01.jpg.24e9f3766960349b6e27c87ad043a7b7.jpg

3.swann03.jpg.7e0b021f3394ae4b0748d11c04fc2bcd.jpg

And here are the DS-2CD2032-I specifications from the HIKVision Website

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7326

Camera

Image Sensor: 1/2.5" Progressive Scan CMOS

Signal System: PAL/NTSC

Min. Illumination: 0.07Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON) ,0 Lux with IR

Shutter time: 1/25(1/30) s to 1/100,000 s

Lens: 4mm@ F2.0, Angle of view: 75.8°

(6mm, 12mm optional)

Lens Mount: M12

Day& Night: IR cut filter with auto switch

Digital noise reduction: 3D DNR

Compression Standard

Video Compression: H.264/M-JPEG

Bit Rate: 32 Kbps ~ 16 Mbps

Dual Stream: Yes

Max. Image Resolution: 2048×1536

Frame Rate: 50Hz: 12.5fps (2048 × 1536), 25fps (1920 × 1080), 25fps (1280 × 720)

60Hz: 15fps (2048 × 1536), 30fps (1920 × 1080), 30fps (1280 × 720)

Image Settings: Saturation, brightness, contrast adjustable through client software or web browser

Backlight compensation: Yes, zone optional

BLC: Yes, zone configurable

Network

Network Storage: NAS (iSCSI optional)

Alarm Trigger: Motion detection, Tampering alarm

Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, RTP, RTSP, PPPoE, SMTP, NTP, UPnP,

ICMP,IGMP,SNMP, FTP, 802.1X, QoS, HTTPS(SIP,SRTP,IPv6 optional)

Security: User authentication, watermark

System Compatibility: ONVIF, PSIA, CGI

Interface

Communication Interface: 1 RJ45 10M / 100M ethernet interface

Reset Button: Yes

General

Operating Conditions: -30 °C ~ 60 °C (-22 °F ~ 140 °F)

Humidity 95% or less (non-condensing)

Power Supply: 12 VDC ± 10%, PoE (802.3af)

Power Consumption: Max. 5 W (Max. 7 W with IR cut filter on)

Weather Proof: IP66

IR Range: -I: Approx 20 to 30 meters(65.6-98.4ft)

Dimensions: 60.4×76.9×139.28 mm (2.4” × 3.0” × 5.5”)

Weight: 500g (1.1 lbs)

I just called Costco to inquire why the FedEx tracking number specified in my Costco shipping confirmation email does not exist (as per FedEx tracking). Costco said it ships direct from Swann and Swann is currently closed, so no resolution for "1 to 2 days" by the Costco "Resolution Department."

Now I'll have to wait until next week to get my cameras and thanks friggin' suQs.

Feces happens.

You know...they're just 2 Qrappy little cameras but I was really looking forward to plugging them in and getting them rolling. Now my life is ruined and I shall have to get into therapy to sort it all out.

...You see, Doc, it all started when I ordered that Swann 2-pack from Costco...

217456_1.jpg

Well two people seem to have a soft right edge with these things and that would be a deal breaker, unless a firmware update can tackle it. But that right edge is too soft to settle for, as it stands.

Yeah that right edge is soft on them. I wonder if it's a manufacturing problem.

Interested to see q2u cameras and see if their the same. Aside from that, they appear to be really good sharp nice images.

Whoever gets these needs to contact Swann support and see what's going on. May be a bad batch. Also, these are brand new, so new that HikVision didn't even get a chance to put them on their website in time for ISC. I'm sure they will make them right as they don't want to get a bunch of them returned to Costco.

Great- thanks for that. I see you combined two different users samples? One clearly shows a soft right edge. The other, doesn't look like it but not totally sure. And in the night shot there's some light adjustment going on. What's being adjusted, the exterior light or the IR through the interface? Whatever it is, the picture looks better to me with no IR. Overall, nice pictures.

@buellwinkle I should have sent you two to check the soft edge thing, the one I opened up and have here playing with definitely has the soft right edge, curious to see if the one I sent you is the same way or not.

I tried to put it all on one video, simpler to find and get it all. They seem to come from the two persons but you are correct, one camera clearly has the problem, the other one does not, so it could just be a bad batch. Actually that would be a good thing because then you just call Swann and say it's bad, show them and they'll probably exchange the camera. This truly is a brand new product for HikVision and it wouldn't be the first time a camera company had some QA issues on the first batch. It's like buying a car the first year a new model comes out, cool to be driving the latest model, but I've learned my lesson there, now I buy the last year a car model is out.

@buellwinkle I should have sent you two to check the soft edge thing, the one I opened up and have here playing with definitely has the soft right edge, curious to see if the one I sent you is the same way or not.

Anthony, do these cameras run at 2048×1536 resolution?

Great- thanks for that. I see you combined two different users samples? One clearly shows a soft right edge. The other, doesn't look like it but not totally sure. And in the night shot there's some light adjustment going on. What's being adjusted, the exterior light or the IR through the interface? Whatever it is, the picture looks better to me with no IR. Overall, nice pictures.

The adjustment is the exterior light, on and off.

Anthony, do these cameras run at 2048×1536 resolution?

Not sure, waiting on my POE switch to test with. Should know before long and will report back here.

Mine just arrived. They are built like little camera tanks. Going to configure one now, hang it in the warehouse and try to get it streaming MP goodness to Blue Iris.

Anyone using an NVR with these yet (dedicated or software)? Curious what the options are with these and how well those options work with these cameras.

buellwinkle... how do you think these will compare with the new 1080P mini-bullet from Dahua? I know you haven't reviewed either yet (but soon) but based on your experience how do you expect these two to compare since they will be about the same price?

Don't know. I have a Dahua 1080P camera here, so I can compare side by side and I have a Dahua 3MP so I can compare side by side with that if I get 3MP to work with it. The main advantage I see right away is that Swann and the manufacturer are both in the U.S., so I would expect there to be support as opposed to no manufacturer support or U.S. presence for Dahua.

Update...

I have one of these cameras streaming to Blue Iris now using the default HIKVision RTSP in the BI camera list. FYI: the factory defaults for these cameras are...

• UID: admin
  • Pwd: 12345

To perform initial configuration, download iVMS-4000 Client Software v2.03.17.04 from the HIKVision Website...

http://www.hikvisionusa.com/downloads.html

After initial configuration (basically all I did was set the camers IP address to my subnet scheme), log into the camera with your web browser, install required browser components) and log into the camera to set all camera options.

BTY 75% of my time has been spent crimping then recrimping then recrimping then recrimping then recrimping the DIY Cat5e cable we ran out to the warehouse.

When buellwinkle first announced these cameras, I checked the Costco website right away. The first thing I noticed was this:

"In addition to Swann’s 12 month warranty, Costco members receive an additional extended warranty for a total of 3 years and free shipping with their order. Costco Concierge Services are available for free technical support to remotely set up your remote viewing and answer any questions you may have."

When the Q-SEEs(HFW 2100) were available at Costco(still are available), they had no customer support as mentioned above for the Swann product.

Just went back to the Costco web page on the Swanns and they have changed the page with more pics and some video. They still try to sell a Swann NVR as the only way to view them but we all know that is BS, right?

Looks like Q2U just confirmed the "Swanns" will fly in the Blue Eye!

Good job. Watch out Costco. You can bet they have some smart big shots watching this IP camera wave. Every day, more news about crazy bad guys and girls. Security cameras and related businesses will go nuts............

Here a snapshot. I messed with the settings a bit. This is with WDR enabled and set to 13 of 100.

BTW, this camera's web interface is VERY FAST and responsive compared to my Vivoteks and Dahuas.

In addition, the only resolutions available are 1280x720 or 1920x1280.

I'm wondering is one could find the firmware for the HIKVision version of this camera -- and was to flash these Swann units with it -- if one might not be able to pull 3MP out of them. 'Cause why leave well enough alone? And why not destroy a brand new perfectly good camera, eh?

Edited by Guest

Looking good. Does motion detection work ok with Blue Iris with these cameras? What kind of system are you using for Blue Iris? Along the same lines... does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive compact low-power system that would be well suited for running Blue Iris for say 4-6 of these cameras? For me, it's a toss-up between these cameras (want 4 to start) and a PC w/Blue Iris OR get the new 1080P Dahua mini-bullets and a Dahua 8 port NVR. The NVR would be cheaper (I believe) since I doubt if an Atom based nettop would be ok for Blue Iris.