buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

Looks good, a little soft on the left edge. Why is this 1.5MP? Where you able to get 1080P or 3MP or did you just do a screen grab?

To perform initial configuration, download iVMS-4000 Client Software v2.03.17.04 from the HIKVision Website...

I imagine they come ready for DHCP, so this step is likely not needed right? Or did you do something other than IP config (or was DHCP disabled by default)?

...The NVR would be cheaper (I believe) since I doubt if an Atom based nettop would be ok for Blue Iris.

IMO: i5 processor minimum; i7 processor preferred.

I'm running dual Xeon 3.19ghz and I'm stressing my procs with just a single 1MP cam + three 2MP cams. I might be able to add another 3MP of cams, but it's gonna be stressful no doubt.

OK...gotta go and do some actual WORK today...later guys.

To perform initial configuration, download iVMS-4000 Client Software v2.03.17.04 from the HIKVision Website...

I imagine they come ready for DHCP, so this step is likely not needed right? Or did you do something other than IP config (or was DHCP disabled by default)?

They initially came up with a whacko default IP address of something like 192.0.0.61. I have NO IDEA where that came from but the iVMS-4000 Client Software managed to see the camera and allowed me to edit the camera's IP address. I don't think DHCP is enabled by default. Gotta go!

Looks good, a little soft on the left edge. Why is this 1.5MP? Where you able to get 1080P or 3MP or did you just do a screen grab?

Just did a quick and dirty snapshot from the cams web interface. This camera is running at 1920x1080 (2MP). Really go to go now gentleman. Talk at you later.

Here a snapshot. I messed with the settings a bit. This is with WDR enabled and set to 13 of 100.

BTW, this camera's web interface is VERY FAST and responsive compared to my Vivoteks and Dahuas.

In addition, the only resolutions available are 1280x720 or 1980x1280.

I'm wondering is one could find the firmware for the HIKVision version of this camera -- and was to flash these Swann units with it -- if one might not be able to pull 3MP out of them. 'Cause why leave well enough alone? And why not destroy a brand new perfectly good camera, eh?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talking with hikvision tech support today. Rep told me that if anything it would be set in the firmware at a lower resolution. contact tech support and ask them for the updated firmware for DS-2CD2032-I . that should make other resolutions available.

talking with hikvision tech support today. Rep told me that if anything it would be set in the firmware at a lower resolution. contact tech support and ask them for the updated firmware for DS-2CD2032-I . that should make other resolutions available.

To the tune of London Calling by The Clash...

"CAUSE FIRMWARE IS CALLING AHHHHHHHHHHH...I'M FLASHING MY SWANNIES!"

But who will be the first to tread this lonely road?

Calling MaxIcon!

I was hoping you would do it. lol.

I may order some as a trial. If anything..... you can always return to costo as defective if something happens

I may order some as a trial. If anything..... you can always return to costo as defective if something happens

You procure the correct firmware. I may do it. For the fame! For the trail-blazing! To boldly go where no Q™ has gone before! For my CamBudds!

And because, why leave well enough alone?

Unreal how quick the info gets out on some of these new products.

Very good to hear Hikvision may be aiding and abetting the many ip camfreaks to tickle a Swann.

Why would Swann care? They are going to sell more cameras and technically installing Hikvision firmware would void the warranty, right?

I cannot get away from the assumption Costco knows exactly what they are doing offering these rebranded ip cameras that can be used with much versatility, even though the words about the product say different.

I noticed the first Costco review on these cameras debunked the "can only be used with a Swann NVR" statement right off the bat. One of "us" doing the review.

I wonder what the deal is when Costco signs to buy these rebranded ip cams as a stand alone product? How many in the initial buy for Costco.com?

Anybody have a clue how it works? Besides including some Cat5 cable and mounting screws? I assume no DVD or instructions in the box?

Sorry about that. Instructions: Plug into your Swann NVR PoE port.

You procure the correct firmware. I may do it. For the fame! For the trail-blazing! To boldly go where no Q™ has gone before! For my CamBudds!

And because, why leave well enough alone?

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com

user name: hikfirmware

Password Hikvision123 (note the H is capitol )

folder:

Hikvision IP Camera Firmware

then look for: DS-2CD2xxx-I

Download the 1st file dated 4/15/13

download, unzip, update.

Notice the dates on the firmware!

As the happy Chinaman said on an NPR business interview a few years back(he started making motorcycle engines for China in his small garage)......

"NEW PRODUCT, NEW MARKET!!!!! ALWAYS REMEMBER!!!!"

...Anybody have a clue how it works? Besides including some Cat5 cable and mounting screws? I assume no DVD or instructions in the box?...

• Two (2) cameras in generic white boxes with a Swann label stuck on it
  • Two (2) 60-foot Cat5e cables
  • Six (6) machine screws
  • One (1) 8x11 piece of papers that says "STOP SWANN has the answers!" (meaning: please don't call Costco")
  • One (1) English and one (1) Spanish quick start guide (summation: "Plug this end of the wire into you camera and this end into your Swann NVR")
  • Zero (0), none, nada software

Edited by Guest

...download, unzip, update.

This is not proQurement. This is linQage.

IC....I will be rite over to update it for you

HIKVision may have put a switch in the Swann firmware which disallows flashing Swann branded cameras with DS-2CD2032-I firmware. This is most likely probable, at least I know I would.

Great. There has to be a way. did you extract the file. then log into the camera and go to the update option. from there it should find the file or browse for it. did you make it that far?

Another thing: the browser component for this HIKVision camers loads and exucutes in a snap; installing this component is quick and painless (at least on FireFox, haven't tried IE yet). This as opposed to the Dahua components which I seem to have to install many times and the install is always the slow boat to China (sorry, couldn't resist). The HIKVision/Swann camera software/firmware and browser component feel faster, more efficient, and more mature. IMO. YMMV.

Great. There has to be a way. did you extract the file. then log into the camera and go to the update option. from there it should find the file or browse for it. did you make it that far?

I thoght you were coming over whilst I lounged and had one of thiose drinks with the umbrella in it???

I had too many already. lol

So what did happen when u tried flashing. There has to be away. hell... programmers figured out out to get free directtv for years.

Another thing: the browser component for this HIKVision camers loads and exucutes in a snap; installing this component is quick and painless (at least on FireFox, haven't tried IE yet). This as opposed to the Dahua components which I seem to have to install many times and the install is always the slow boat to China (sorry, couldn't resist). The HIKVision/Swann camera software/firmware and browser component feel faster, more efficient, and more mature. IMO. YMMV.

I saw the one picture you posted, have you posted any video? You can use my FTP if need be. Would love to see some sample video of your new setup.

HIKVision may have put a switch in the Swann firmware which disallows flashing Swann branded cameras with DS-2CD2032-I firmware. This is most likely probable, at least I know I would.

At least one person who flashed their Dahua to the QSee firmware was having trouble getting it to go back. Dunno where they ended up with that.

If they have a JTAG or TFTP interface, that should be a way to work around the limitations, possibly bricking your cam in the process...