buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

Im willing to do it, but I have a couple of questions first. Will the camera still be able to talk to the swann NVR? Will the recording quality improve (this is assumed yes), but the question is will the swann nvr take advantage of it...my guess is no!

Im willing to do it, but I have a couple of questions first. Will the camera still be able to talk to the swann NVR? Will the recording quality improve (this is assumed yes), but the question is will the swann nvr take advantage of it...my guess is no!

As I understand it your NVR is set to max out at 2.1MP per camera so I'm not too certain that, even if you are sucessful, you will see any benefit at all.

As I understand it your NVR is set to max out at 2.1MP per camera so I'm not too certain that, even if you are sucessful, you will see any benefit at all.

That is also my understanding. Ive got a few things to do but when I get back home I may check into it.

C'mon Q....YOU will see a benefit! Do it!

Hows about some video? We have seen just a little. I would like to see some before you hit "enter"......and after........

How to configure your Swann\Costco cameras...

1. Download and install the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows) software
  2. Load the Hikvision iVMS-4000 software application and start the "Add device wizard"
  3. Click on the "Setup" menu choice
  4. Right click on "Monitor Area" and choose "Add Device"
  5. After the "Add Device" window loads, click the "Online Device" button
  6. Select the Swann camera you need to configure and then click the "Modify" button
  7. Edit the camera's configuration as needed using the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks) and then click the save button
  8. Exit the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software application, start your browser and log into the camera's web interface using the defaut UID "admin" and the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks)

Edited by Guest

He is bold, he's still trying to get his Dahua 3MP camera to record smooth video on BlueIris.

Yeah, if these Hikvisions are any good at all, it'll be a good reason to dump the Dahua.

Yeah, if these Hikvisions are any good at all, it'll be a good reason to dump the Dahua.

Did you order a pair?

Hi guys,

I just saw the videos posted on the edge quality issues.

These must be batch issues. There are some operating in our test lab at the moment and there is no indication of the poor quality images that some of you are getting.

If you do have cameras with poor quality, please either return to Costco for exchange or contact our office directly. http://www.swann.com/s/company/contactus/

I figured it was a bad batch. Good to see a Swann representative on the forum, welcome. There's been some questions floating around but the one that's tops on most people's minds, especially those not interested in using a Swann NVR is how do we get the cameras to give us 3MP resolution? Someone suggested updating the firmware to standard HikVision firmware, will that work or is there a better way, maybe an URL command or hidden menu to do that, or maybe through NVR software that uses RTSP with an parameter to get 3MP.

I figured it was a bad batch. Good to see a Swann representative on the forum, welcome. There's been some questions floating around but the one that's tops on most people's minds, especially those not interested in using a Swann NVR is how do we get the cameras to give us 3MP resolution? Someone suggested updating the firmware to standard HikVision firmware, will that work or is there a better way, maybe an URL command or hidden menu to do that, or maybe through NVR software that uses RTSP with an parameter to get 3MP.

I have 8 of these cameras...im using swanns nvr...which for what it is works fine for me at the moment. Im still too new at this to venture on my own. Ill have to look at the videos to see if im having this problem.

I'm very sorry mate, but I can't comment on possible settings that are outside the intended usage of the cameras. It's very much a case of "you brick it, you bought it". We cannot advise customers to make modifications that may damage the cameras as we would then be liable for the damage.

What I can give you is that the configuration software (Swannview NVR) has quite a few more settings than the NVR itself. For example, it is possible to have cameras on the external NIC interface of the NVR.

I apologise that I cannot provide more information than that.

Swann Tech on the forum? Costco? That is awesome and definitely makes one more comfortable buying this brand. Hope you hang around here more and learn a few tricks from the awesome crew we got

I believe many here are willing to risk bricking it, in chance of getting to 3mp.

I'm very sorry mate, but I can't comment on possible settings that are outside the intended usage of the cameras. It's very much a case of "you brick it, you bought it". We cannot advise customers to make modifications that may damage the cameras as we would then be liable for the damage...

More experienced forum members understand that flashing your Swann/Costco SWNHD-820CAM with the HIKVision DS-2CD2032-I firmware comes with a grave risk: the chances are better than not that you will destroy your camera and this is why I myself have not attempted to perform this procedure. Less experienced members should understand this risk. As a part of the firmware update routine, more sophisticated devices check to make certain that the firmware being installed is a correct version for the particular hardware product being flashed. This may not be the case with the Swann/Costco SWNHD-820CAM cameras in question, so be forewarned. In addition, flashing your SWNHD-820CAM with any firmware will most certainly void your Swann warrantee.

Of course some brave soul will try it and the results will be most interesting.

Tech Support Contact

Tech Support Email Swann Lifetime Support

North America

USA Telephone Support: 1800 627 2799

Operating Hours

Monday: 24 Hours

Tuesday: 24 Hours

Wednesday: 24 Hours

Thursday: 24 Hours

Friday: 24 Hours

Saturday: 24 Hours

Sunday: 24 Hours

I was looking for an power adapter for my Swann\Costco SWNHD-820CAM, so I called at 9:40AM EST (GMT-5) and here is what I heard...

I'm sorry, the customer service department is closed. Please call back during regular business hours, 8:30AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time

How annoying is that?

Hello Swann Tech,

Can you (or Q2U, anyone who has these) let me know if they support ONVIF? Even if you can't flash them, they look like a nice upgrade to the Dahua bullets. One of mine this last week has started flaking out.

I'm sure it's just me, but I can't find the product page on the Swann website. I did take a look at the firmware you linked to Q2U, just in case

...One of mine this last week has started flaking out...

What started flaking out? Your Swann cam or your Dahua Cam?

And also: please be specific, what does "flaking out" mean? Please describe the camera's symptoms.

And also: please be specific, what does "flaking out" mean? Please describe the camera's symptoms.

I have a weird issue where the camera flashes. I dont know if its the NVR or the camera. I dont know its just adjusting to things or if mine is flaking out. Im sure i have a video of it

I have a weird issue where the camera flashes. I dont know if its the NVR or the camera. I dont know its just adjusting to things or if mine is flaking out. Im sure i have a video of it

Is this happening on a Swann\Costco camera?

yea..let me see if i can get a video...stand by

Hello Q2U,

I'm referring to the Dahua bullets. Two problems on one bullet: It appears the IR Cut filter is coming down during the day (colors go way off), a power cycle of the camera temporarily fixes the problem. I'm also getting missing video, 1 to 10 second segments during the middle of a recording, from the same camera as if it's stuttering. Those cameras are only rated for 14 degrees and it gets much colder than that here in WI, so perhaps being on the NW side of my home the winter did that one in. The Hikvision Specs on the Swann camera (if they are indeed the same) are -22 F if I remember correctly, which would easily cover anything I'd ever see.

But to ask my original question as you have the Swann's, do you see anything referring to ONVIF in the camera, or have you tried to connect with an ONVIF NVR application or just with Blue Iris?

...But to ask my original question as you have the Swann's, do you see anything referring to ONVIF in the camera, or have you tried to connect with an ONVIF NVR application or just with Blue Iris?

I have only connected through (1) the camera's web interface and (2) through Blue Iris. However, according to this Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Technical Specifications document, ONVIF is supported.

But I dunno bro. I just read, learn and try not to fuQ anything up.

yea..let me see if i can get a video...stand by

Q2U

here is what im talking about. I have multiple cameras that do this.

http://youtu.be/R3cUCLsze84

It also appears that i have the "softness" issue on the right side. Ill contact costco or swann about that. BTW this video crashes VLC!

Additionally. If I want to mess with the camera like enabling WDR I will need to disconnect from the DVR and connect the camera to a standalone POE switch correct? I under stand networking, but with no access to add a route to the dvr, the cameras cant communicate back to the hikvision software.

http://youtu.be/R3cUCLsze84

It also appears that i have the "softness" issue on the right side. Ill contact costco or swann about that. BTW this video crashes VLC!

Additionally. If I want to mess with the camera like enabling WDR I will need to disconnect from the DVR and connect the camera to a standalone POE switch correct? I under stand networking, but with no access to add a route to the dvr, the cameras cant communicate back to the hikvision software.

Oh, that suQs. Have you tried resetting the cams back to the factory defaults?

I have not. they have all done it...I just pulled video from all cameras to determine which ones have the softness. I have the orginal 4 that came with the dvr and 4 additional. I dont know which are which.

The reset button on the back is it as simple as pressing it? Or do i need to hold it down?

The reset button on the back is it as simple as pressing it? Or do i need to hold it down?

Bro...how would I know!

Press it and find out!

But the iVMS-4000 software provides a method to "Restore to DVR's default." You may want to check that out...

How to configure your Swann\Costco cameras...

1. Download and install the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows) software
  2. Load the Hikvision iVMS-4000 software application and start the "Add device wizard"
  3. Click on the "Setup" menu choice
  4. Right click on "Monitor Area" and choose "Add Device"
  5. After the "Add Device" window loads, click the "Online Device" button
  6. Select the Swann camera you need to configure and then click the "Modify" button
  7. Edit the camera's configuration as needed using the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks) and then click the save button
  8. Exit the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software application, start your browser and log into the camera's web interface using the defaut UID "admin" and the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks)

Edited by Guest