buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

...Do I understand correctly that updating my SWNHD-820CAM's to anything you list below would be of minimal or no value to me because I'm using them w/ the Swann NVR? And, it's the original NVR that records in 2MP at 30 fps. I'm thinking that for the many persons using these cams w/o the NVR - there may be more upside benefit to the upgrades?...

IMO, and in your case, I believe that updating firmware would have no benefit for you SB_Jim.

Hey guys,

Late Monday night I ordered a pair of the 3MP Swann bullets from Costco. They shipped out yesterday and arrived today (I live less than an hour away from the Swann warehouse). My units have a newer model number (825 vs. 820) and came with 5.0.0 firmware already flashed on them. They support the 3MP resolution setting right out of the box, so no need to risk bricking them by trying to reflash. Unfortunately, this version of firmware still lacks the option to disable the built-in IR LEDs. Other than that these are great little cameras (and I do mean little - they are amazingly small, about the same size as my Dahua eyeball camera).

Hey guys,

Late Monday night I ordered a pair of the 3MP Swann bullets from Costco. They shipped out yesterday and arrived today (I live less than an hour away from the Swann warehouse). My units have a newer model number (825 vs. 820) and came with 5.0.0 firmware already flashed on them. They support the 3MP resolution setting right out of the box, so no need to risk bricking them by trying to reflash. Unfortunately, this version of firmware still lacks the option to disable the built-in IR LEDs. Other than that these are great little cameras (and I do mean little - they are amazingly small, about the same size as my Dahua eyeball camera).

Can you post a picture of the pigtail that came with these cameras please?

Hey guys,

Can you post a picture of the pigtail that came with these cameras please?

240481_1.jpg

Costco NVR8-7200 4 cam "package" on the right.

2-pack from Costco on the left still in plastic.

Looks like the same style.

Today I noticed that Costco is now advertising these units as "3 megapixel 1080p cameras" instead of the previously advertised "2 megapixel 1080p cameras."

http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-1080p-NVR-IP-Add-on-Bullet-Camera-2-pk.product.100039914.html

You may be right.

Model SWNHD-825CAM

Firmware Version V5.0.0 130904

Encoding Version V4.0 build 130411

Confirmed above for the 2-pack shipping now.

Is anyone else getting these from Costco with the updated version 5 firmware?

I just received a pair, date coded 8/13, with Version 4.0.9 Build 130510.

Costco put me in touch with Swann, and the tech said there is no firmware update for the 825. So did I just get old stock?

Sounds like you got old stock. Fortunately you can download the latest HikVision firmware and reflash the units yourself.

Or return them to Costco and order another pair in hopes that you get a current firmware release.

Yeah, thinking about returning and reordering.

As for flashing, once I do that, there is no going back.....correct?

Thanks and agreed, but the problem is that I haven't been able to find any version of the Swann firmware that I could use to go back.... It appears that they only have DVR firmware on their download site.

Any thoughts on where to look? Or, and this may be getting beyond my core competency, is it possible to extract and copy what is on the camera now so I could use to go back it if need be....

I have 1 ip camera set up that is working and sending email notifications on motion detection.

However, after some research I have decided to upgrade(well thats what I thought).

I bought 2 hikvision DS-2CD2032-I ip bullet cameras.

I also bought a TP-LINK AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass through. Model No. TL-PA4010PKIT. It has 2 adapters. 1 that links to router(A) and one that the links into camera(B).

When I pair the tp link adapaters the power and powerline is lighting. If I link adapter B to my laptop all the lights are on.

The IR light doesnt come on in my ip camera when i have it in the dark. It seems like the IP camera is not getting any power. Any ideas?

What is powering the cameras? You'll need either PoE injectors, a PoE switch, or power via the barrel connector. Plain old ethernet doesn't supply power to run the camera, just listen for data coming from it.