casualbeta

Port forwding not working.

Hi folks,

I have a bit of a problem with my DVR system in regards to my networking.

Right now the network is made of 2 devices. One a modem/router and the other is just a router.

The DVR is connected to the latter device (router) as with the PC that I writing you guys.

Before this setup was fine but now I am unable to view my DVR remotely (I can still view it fine locally).

When I checked the port forwarding I used a website call "yougetsignal" to see if the port is open. Unforunalty it didn't. I don't know why it's acting up like this. Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks.

CasualBeta

Plug it into the modem/router.

You have what is called Double NAT. Two routers that both have firewalls.

You can work with it if you want, but you need to set up port forwarding on both devices. On the modem/router, you need to port forward to the IP address of the second router. Then on the second router you port forward to the IP address of the DVR.

For simplest operation, as I mentioned, just plug into the first modem/router and port forward only to the IP address of the DVR.

Plug it into the modem/router.

You have what is called Double NAT. Two routers that both have firewalls.

You can work with it if you want, but you need to set up port forwarding on both devices. On the modem/router, you need to port forward to the IP address of the second router. Then on the second router you port forward to the IP address of the DVR.

For simplest operation, as I mentioned, just plug into the first modem/router and port forward only to the IP address of the DVR.

2 question, first what is the port number of a my 2nd router? is there a way of finding that one out? and second does my computer have to be connected to the modem/router with in DVR system if I want to go for the 2nd solution?

thanks you for reply man.

there is no port number for the second router. the port you need to forward is the port number that the dvr is viewed on. that should be with your dvr documentation. if the not you can use google. the port number varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. as an example,nuvico uses port 7000 to view remotely.