blake

Outside cameras small office building.

One of my friends is leasing a single level office building.The building has single row parking on all four sides.Building is rectangular shaped.Two long sides are around 80' and the ends are 50'.He asked me about a surveillance system and gave him the suggestion of going all ip.Right now he's looking at 5 domes for the entrance and inside hallways.For the outside he's looking at 4 more cams.One covering the entrance exterior/front parking row,then one each covering the other 3 sides of the building.For the exterior cams covering the sides of the buildings/parking would you guys use ip bullets or ip box cams in heated/cooled enclosures? I told him ip box cams in enclosures but he's worried about the cost.Exterior wall cams will be just for general view of parking areas.

If the parking lot is lit up well all night, why not try the dahua 2mp mini domes? I'm installing these shortly at a daycare facility on the exterior for parking lot overview. I think they'll be great.

What is the weather like there? You may not need heated and cooled enclosures.

If the lighting is good and cost is a factor I'd go with Axis M1114-E outside and M3204 for the inside.

Sure they are probably more expensive that the Dahua, but in my experience you get what you pay for. And with the Axis you won't have to have a DVR or VMS, you could record straight to a NAS device. I've had good luck with the Synology product line. Not sure what the recording requirements are, but I'd start with a 2TB NAS. Good luck!

It's Colorado so i would definitely need heated and cooled enclosures.The exterior of the building/parking lot is well lit.