Baseball

Best Cameras?

I need your opinion on a good wifi indoor security camera. Currently I have the Mole PTZ and am ready for something better. The Mole has a nice picture but no sound, not reliable via iPhone and tends to lose wifi connection often, requiring me to reset by unplugging/plugging. It’s a step up from the battery powered golf ball size cameras I had previous but time for better. Cost is not a factor as I will only need 4 cameras, for two properties in two States. My “wish” list, in priority order, is:

Quality picture.

Reliable.

Good iPhone app.

AC powered.

DVR feature, min. 7 days.

Motion alarm.

Night vision.

PTZ

Good Tech Support.

Sound.

The companies I’m looking at, so far, are:

Dropcam HD

Imogenstudio +Cam

Foscam Pan + Tilt

Izon

Phillips In.Sight

Belkin Netcam wireless IP

Any thoughts on the above, or others, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MOBOTIX

I have 4 M22 and 3 D24 and they are awesome.

There are many new ones out that are capable of much more than these but for the quality you cant beat mobotix.

I appreciate the info but I neglected to add one more thing to my wish list, I prefer a camera I can place on a shelf. Mounting is something I would rather not do. These cameras are for residences, mounting on a living room wall or ceiling would not be appropriate. Any other suggestions would still be appreciated.

There is one camera I look forward to seeing. Belkins HD camera comes out in a couple weeks.

I think its best that you have a cctv security systems because you have wide range of cameras and sensor with the facility of video monitoring.Even you have to pay a little more but still its benefits are much more than other security systems.

Of those you listed. Dropcam works well, easy to set up, low price point.

Did not have good experience with Foscam. Too hard to set up for remote viewing. Ugly UI. Went in the garbage.

Look at the new AVTECH AVN813.. They don't offer poe so it gets power via a wall plug in, but it's wireless with their new PUSH Technology.

Have you looked at these Axis cams? Not PTZ, but really, do you NEED PTZ for a shelf mounted indoor camera? The upper end ones have PIR as well, so you won't get motion alerts when a cloud goes over the sun.

Have you looked at these Axis cams? Not PTZ, but really, do you NEED PTZ for a shelf mounted indoor camera? The upper end ones have PIR as well, so you won't get motion alerts when a cloud goes over the sun.

They are about to release this camera in that series.

~Mike

I think this is a great posting because you posting about the some important camera. these camera works both way as CCTV & personal uses. I think it has good lens & memory. This is appropriate for everywhere. Please inform where I can get it?

Axis may be the best camera made and I like Mobotics too. Not sure of your applications but make sure you are okay with the audio. Even if it is your home, you can violate someone's 4th Ammendment rights. The world has gone crazy. lol. But I would check.

Definitely scratch off Foscam. I bought some of those to start with and I'm working on replacing them now.

Be very careful on law...

If one or two people talk and they don't know you capture record sound you may be breaking law... If and when they find out (EVEN IF THEY DID NOTHING WRONG)...

SURPRISE! - "YOU'VE GOT LAWSUIT"

CHECK WITH LAWYER... VERY IMPORTANT...

(This is not legal advice.)

Axis may be the best camera made and I like Mobotics too. Not sure of your applications but make sure you are okay with the audio. Even if it is your home, you can violate someone's 4th Ammendment rights. The world has gone crazy. lol. But I would check.