strat

Dahua 16ch POE NVR & HDBW3202 motion detect issues

Have the above setup now for a good 2 months but cannot for the life of me get motion detect working correctly.

NVR is : http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr320432083216-p-190.html

And IP camera is: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdbw32003202-220.html

I did once read a issue with Dahua having motion detect issues with a network camera.. cant find that post again... Is this a common issue or any tips why?

It normally only works between a certain time... i think around 5pm to 9pm no other time no matter what settings you have on the NVR.

Are you using the motion detection settings in the NVR, or in the camera? The best way to eliminate problems is turn off all motion detection from the camera and just use the settings in the NVR. Make sure that your motion detect schedule is setup to the times that you want and you should have no problem.

pretty sure its off on the camera side... only enabled on the NVR.

And all times are correct.

Will play around with it again on weekend again...

I think that when you turn on motion detection on one side, it turns on itself on the other side. I am just installing an hybrid (1604HFU if I remember correctly, 16 analog channel and 4ch 1920x1080@25fps) and when I turn on MD on the NVR, it turns on also on the camera; if I disable MD on the NVR, it turns off on the camera.

So I would say the settings are synced, changing one will change the other.

would it be safe if i moved to qsee firmware from dahua firmware on my NVR3216-P NVR?

I guess this is the same unit in QSEE range --> QC816 ?

If anything, it's best to look for firmware updates specifically for your cameras. I would not try and load q-see firmware on your nvr- certainly not if you don't wish to brick it. I believe motion detection issues are camera related, not nrv related. So be sure the cameras are up to date, if anything. And make sure you triple check your scheduling. If it works between some hours, it seems like it's working and might be scheduling related.

Are you saying you do not get any recordings at certain times even though there is motion?

Yes that is what was happening.. during a specific time no matter what i would do.. it would not activate motion detect.

If anything, it's best to look for firmware updates specifically for your cameras. I would not try and load q-see firmware on your nvr- certainly not if you don't wish to brick it. I believe motion detection issues are camera related, not nrv related. So be sure the cameras are up to date, if anything. And make sure you triple check your scheduling. If it works between some hours, it seems like it's working and might be scheduling related.

Yes it was camera related and always thought it was.. which the latest firmware fixed.

Was thinking of moving NVR to qsee firmware to save myself bugging the reseller if i ever need it again.

but as they .. if it's working now don't touch it??