franone

please help me choose a basic cctv

hi guys

i am totally green when it comes to cctv. My head is spinning looking at different cameras and i dont know what i need. I would like a basic wired b & W cctv camera (just plug in and have pics) that will record so i can check footage. I have an old pc monitor, can this be used to view footage or can it be viewed any other way? (Ive seen some mention of cards that can be put into pc, but how?) I would not be great with computers so dont want a wireless, plus i wouldnt like my pc on all day when im not at home. If someone could please recommend a kit /camera which has all i need. Small budget of £100. Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me. Franone

Thanks Cinnte

The 'Do it yourself CCTV system with 2 cameras at £46.21' and the 'DIY surveillance system with 2 cameras at £46.85', do both these record without me having to buy a hard drive an if so how do i view recordings? I want it for outside, are both these suitable for outdoors an if so which one would you choose? Thanks so much for your patience

A analog dome camera is a good one, out and indoor. Choose one with enough lines 600 or more. If you want to record the images you need a capture card.

Thanks Cinnte

The 'Do it yourself CCTV system with 2 cameras at £46.21' and the 'DIY surveillance system with 2 cameras at £46.85', do both these record without me having to buy a hard drive an if so how do i view recordings? I want it for outside, are both these suitable for outdoors an if so which one would you choose? Thanks so much for your patience

hi franone........ did you get a PM as well ???? leave Cinnte alone its just spam IT WILL BE JUNK £46 for dvr and cameras $70