jackgreat

Little help on remote viewing

Hi Guys,

I recently installed CCTV cameras in my small office. I want to monitor them from the workplace and outside so I have configured the device and network setting. I managed to forward ports from my router.

The following has been achieved :

-I can see the cctv video from my local network in my pc and iphone.

-I can also see the cctv video from outside my network through a web browser.

The following I want to achieve :

-I want to see the cctv video on my iphone when I am not in lan and that's not working out.

I do not have a fixed ip so I registered with dyn-dns and my luckily my router supports it and after entering details, my router updates my ip address to that account. That's how I can see the video from outside the network in a browser.

However when I try to view in my iphone using softwares like TMEye free which asks for ip,port,username and password then it works ok in LAN but not when I am outside lan. Why is this happening is something that is puzzling me ? I entered port 8880 in setting of tmeye app.

The ports I have forward are 2 TCP ports 80 and 8880. I am attaching a screenshot of network info of my dvr. (Ignore the router part of image)

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

217303_1.png

First make sure the ports are opened at your office in the router by going to http://canyouseeme.org/ and type in the port you have forwarded.

I know my DVRs have 3 to forward, 1 for web, 1 for media, 1 for mobile.

If the ports are open and you have all ports required, I guess next would be to make sure you are using the right phone app software for viewing your dvr remotely.

The nature of my situation is very similar so I'll continue with this thread.

I installed a 'Seguard' 4 channel CCTV system. Simple setup connected to a router with only one other LAN device on that router and assigned it a static IP.

Router is Dlink DIR 615

I setup a free DDNS with dlinkddns.com

Port forwarded the ports mentioned below.

So here's the issue, although I CAN remotely view the cameras from an external PC with a browser, for the life of me I can NOT view from any MOBILE/TABLET. I have tried several apps including the one suggested in the manual by Seguard called 'Zmeye' for apple devices.

I have tried pointing it to both the DDNS I setup (which again works externally on a browser, must be IE because it uses active X) AND just tried simply pointing it to the IP address directly.

The setup screen of the unit itself for network shows the following ports:

CMD Port: 3357

Data Port: 3356

Talk Port: 3360

HTTP: 80

I have gone into the router and forwarded all 4 of those ports (TCP & UDP) on the static IP I assigned to the DVR unit itself.

The manual, although vague, shows a picture utilizing the 3357 port in a setup screen of the app but a rep I spoke with mentioned something about port 18004 for mobile although it's not documented anywhere. For arguments sake I forwarded that port as well and tried pointing the mobile apps there too.

When checking if the ports are properly opened using some test sites, they all show open EXCEPT the 18004 port even though I have forwarded it the same as all the others in the router setup. This is of course only useful if that is even the port I'm supposed to be using, again the manual shows a pic with the 3357 port being used.

I have seriously tried everything I can think of and this is getting frustrating at this point. I even assigned the DVR to the 'DMZ' option in the router which as I understand just opens it up completely for access problems but that didn't help either. Can someone help please.

Much appreciated.

(Airbus) First make sure the software is the right one for the dvr. Then it needs to be for the right phone. Like android, iphine and so on. Most I have set up has these ports

Webport 8090 for viewing using IE

Media port 9000 not sure what it is for

Mobile port 10510 for mobile phone viewing.

If the ports do show as open, then I would tend to think the software may either not be for your dvr or model of phone.

If you open 18005 and it shows not opened, just try another, maybe your isp has some blocked or don't allow certain ports to be used.