rikky

Camera + Lens installation

Has somebody seen any clear, nice and indepth installation method on how to setup a lens on a camera in order to obtain professional CCTV performance?

Thanks

the cameras/lens normally come with instructions, but;

focus to wide, back focus, focus to narrow, back focus, focus to your desired focal lenght. Make sure you do this either in dim lighting like evening, or with a filter to fake the low light, this way it will stay in focus day and night. Dont forget to adjust the iris level if you are using an auto iris lens.

Use a big enough monitor to get the best quality and make it easier. I normally use a 9" BW monitor, or a 13" TV, depends on the job. Portable monitors will not always get the best image, though they can with some work, and are easier to carry up a ladder, or on a crane, or if you cant get power to the camera location. Always test the camera before taking it to its installation location.

There are some video meters out that will assist with focusing also.

This is the way I do it to get a perfect picture.

Thanks Rory for your help!

Please do advise on the way how to set the iris level on an auto-iris lens.

Is this possible on every camera?

How is this done?

Many thanks

only if the lens is an auto iris lens.

There should be instructions with the camera. Basically you just adjust the iris pot (normally a small screw) adjusting the brightness of the image. You dont always have to touch it though, as from factory it should already be adjusted. Depends on your application. I normally adjust it during the day if it needs to be adjusted.

Is there a difference in signal level on the two RG59 coax outputs on the back of a camera?

I do see a video out and a monitor out

Do these interfere with each other?

Do these have the same video level?

Your video out goes back to the DVR or whatever viewing device you have. The monitor out is a convenient outlet to use when setting up the camera and you want to hook up a small test monitor at the camera.