jsimon

How can I scan text with ocr from video recorded ????

Here its the main aplication for this question: I have a device that capture the ids of the people that get into the bar, when i introduce the id it take control over the camera and make the capture for about 2 seconds, its very nice and ez to install, just 1 in 1 out on the line of the camera. After I have all this images of the ids recorded as video, I would like to develop an aplication which can capture all this data ( via OCR ) and then save it in a database, so I can have very nice ststistics about the people visiting the bar. Does any one have an idea? Geovision has something alike that is LPR it works more or less the same with licence plates numbers of the vehicules.

Depending on the equipment you are using, it may be very doable using the GeoVision product and making modifications to the MDB for the information. If you have specifications on the capture device you use for ID purposes, please post it here and wecan look into it and see what would be needed.

Scottj

From what I see, there is no communications output that would send the ID text to the DVR. The unit looks more like one of the older TVS POS Overlay modules where it just overlays the text directly on the video and can only be saved while watching recorded playback. Do they have anything that will output the raw data?

Scottj

Have you tried contacting the company that sold you the unit or the company that makes the unit?

It is a nice system and I could see where you would want to accomplish what you are trying to do.

You could do an additional scan of the id with a computer scanner on an inexpensive PC to accomplish what your are trying to do.

It would defeat the purpose of connivance though as it would just add more time to the cataloging of the ID.