controlfreak

ssc14web sscdvr SAMS

I have the Samsung ssc14web and sscdvr from sams. Anybody know about this thing? Can't seem to find any good information.

The monitor can display 8 cameras 4 at a time. It will also show one camera at a time in sequence mode.

I cant record in sequence mode, seems like the monitor only sends the quad picture out to the dvr.

Really want to record in sequence mode because the picture is bigger and has more detail.

thanks

You might want to check out the Samsung GVI website.

http://www.samsungcc.tv/Default.aspx?TabId=87#149

But unfortunately, you are not the first to make the mistake of buying this unit, I cannot stress enough, CCTV means Security for one's person and property. That unit is very problematic, and so far, I haven't heard of anyone that has been able to hook it up online.

Maybe there is a member here that has had better luck with this product that can give you better insight.

I wouldn't really call it a mistake.

It has been recording most of the summer now.

I caught the assesor measuring the house, and a maintenance guy "watering the lawn" .

It has not given me any problems.

As for the internet, not really a big concern of mine.

I just wish it came with the pir sensors is all, that and the outgoing signal seems to be in quad mode only, which makes the details kind of small.

Well, I am very glad to know that it has worked for you. You didn't metion that it was for home use, which is what this unit is intended for, so I retract my previous statement.

Its just a dual page quad, so wont come with all the bells and whistels of a mux or real DVR system. For a basic home DIY system should suffice, though I have logged onto another users system using this, and the camera quality was horriblem, just very inexpensive cameras really. I think he eventually switched the cameras for better ones and just stuck with the same system, it was a year ago now so cant remember exactly.

It will only record in quad mode, which also means very low quality if you bring a recorded camera up in full view. Not sure why it wont record in sequence mode though. Also on the remote side, it will only show as it does on the local monitor, 4 cameras at one time, not all 8.

When you are ready, let us know, should be able to get you a better system from someone on this forum, at a good price.

Rory

The Samsung SSC-14WEB does give you the ability of setting up a single (switching mode) display. Enter the menu button and find the "dwell" time setting. The dwell time setting specifies how long you want the picture to appear on the screen before it goes to the next picture.

Another way of doing it is by connecting a 4 channel DVR (SHR-1040, JADV-400) etc to the back of the monitor. The monitor has 8 inputs but only 4 outputs, that means you can only extract the signal from the first 4 cameras and record them individually. Once they are connected to the DVR, you put the monitor on "VCR" mode and you may view your cameras however you'd like.

Hope this help.