Bob La Londe

Multiple Brand Client Software

I don't know if there is enough demand, but I am wondering if there are any decent multiple brand compatible PC based client programs out there.

There are several for Android and iPhone platforms, but I have not yet seen one for PC. What got me thinking is I use Robert Chou's IP Cam Viewer on my Android all the time for testing a variety of different remote video connections. Digi-Merge, generic H.264, Dedicated Micros, Pelco, etc.

Is there a client software package that flexible for PC or MAC?

No, the answer is not to just use the same brand of hardware and video serving equipment at every site. For a variety of practical reason that just isn't always going to happen. Particularly for a customer that has facilities across multiple cites or even states or countries. For the most part I have been lucky enough to work with clients that were savy enough to understand that a certain amount of consistency in quality hardware is beneficial for practical application and user training. Once in a while though you get into circumstances beyond your control were a client has two or three different brands of equipment each with its own client software. Sure they can just load 2 or 3 or 4 different applications or if web compatible open multiple browsers windows or tabs, but they can't easily just watch a few key cameras from multiple sites all at once on one screen like they can with just one multiple DVR compatible client program like NetVu can if you have all DM equipment.

A shipping manager might only want to watch a few cameras, but he might want to watch the loading docks at three or four different facilities. If they are not all the same brand they have to use their smart phone.

P.S. IP Cam Viewer is a $5 ap I believe, but the free lite version is still fully functional for upto 6 cameras for your really cheap clients.

I don't know if there is enough demand, but I am wondering if there are any decent multiple brand compatible PC based client programs out there.

There are several for Android and iPhone platforms, but I have not yet seen one for PC. What got me thinking is I use Robert Chou's IP Cam Viewer on my Android all the time for testing a variety of different remote video connections. Digi-Merge, generic H.264, Dedicated Micros, Pelco, etc.

No, the answer is not to just use the same brand of hardware and video serving equipment at every site. For a variety of practical reason that just isn't always going to happen. Particularly for a customer that has facilities across multiple cites or even states or countries. For the most part I have been lucky enough to work with clients that were savy enough to understand that a certain amount of consistency in quality hardware is beneficial for practical application and user training. Once in a while though you get into circumstances beyond your control were a client has two or three different brands of equipment each with its own client software. Sure they can just load 2 or 3 or 4 different applications or if web compatible open multiple browsers windows or tabs, but they can't easily just watch a few key cameras from multiple sites all at once on one screen like they can with just one multiple DVR compatible client program like NetVu can if you have all DM equipment.

A shipping manager might only want to watch a few cameras, but he might want to watch the loading docks at three or four different facilities. If they are not all the same brand they have to use their smart phone.

P.S. IP Cam Viewer is a $5 ap I believe, but the free lite version is still fully functional for upto 6 cameras for your really cheap clients.

Hi

Yes some App for IP camera is very cheap .

It depends on what DVR or NVR you will buy .

We will announce a new Central Management Software which can accept most Onvif protocol device .

Philip

emal : Phlip.Hdview@gmail.com

Hi

We will announce a new Central Management Software which can accept most Onvif protocol device .

Philip

Who said anything about cheap? You didn't answer the question, and instead stated you are going to just introduce another knock off AP.

Full featured CLIENT SOFTWARE FOR PC is what is desired.

MULTIPLE MANUFACTURER SUPPORT is what is needed in it.

I ALREADY HAVE a perfectly good AP for Android and iPhone, and I don't plan to start reccomending something brand new and untested based on your stilted comments that do not answer the questions asked.

What you are looking for is called PSIM and it is a software that will allow you to connect multiple manufactures VMS, NVRs, DVRS, IP cameras and other security devices into one interface. All of the PSIM software that I know of is very expensive and designed for large government or business projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_security_information_management

Thanks. I will look into PSIM and see if its in the budget for the clients who have the need.

Alternatively I may suggest for just viewing they use IP Cam Viewer on PC using Blue Stacks.

Phillip, can you tell more about your software?

Hi

Philip

******** is a good reliable software.

http://spamdeleted.com/

Please people. If you have an answer to the QUESTION ACTUALLY ASKED fine, but I have an Android ap that works just fine and I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ONE. In fact I have three installed on my phone for demos for my clients based on what their needs are. Now I will make a point of NOT RECCOMENDING any Droid or iPhone aps trying to be hawked by vendors in this thread.

I am looking for a multiple MFG compatible PC and/or MAC based application for viewing and reviewing video from multiple sites. If you have one I would like to hear about it. If you know of one I would be very thankful if you chose to share that information.

If you just want to hawk what you have and don't have what I want. BUZZ OFF!

Thank you for your understanding.

Please people. If you have an answer to the QUESTION ACTUALLY ASKED fine, but I have an Android ap that works just fine and I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ONE. In fact I have three installed on my phone for demos for my clients based on what their needs are. Now I will make a point of NOT RECCOMENDING any Droid or iPhone aps trying to be hawked by vendors in this thread.

I am looking for a multiple MFG compatible PC and/or MAC based application for viewing and reviewing video from multiple sites. If you have one I would like to hear about it. If you know of one I would be very thankful if you chose to share that information.

I think captainpc may have misunderstood what your requirements are; it's fairly evident that he isn't trying to sell that particular brand of VMS software, seeing as the guy who develops and sells it a one-man show. Your response scored an 8 on the CreepIndex, considering the guy was trying to help you. I think you should apologize to CaptainPC, he's probably pretty broken up about it and he most likely needs to get some sleep tonight and not stare at the ceiling all night worrying about upsetting an important guy like you.

I think captainpc may have misunderstood what your requirements are; it's fairly evident that he isn't trying to sell that particular brand of VMS software, seeing as the guy who develops and sells it a one-man show. Your response scored an 8 on the CreepIndex, considering the guy was trying to help you. I think you should apologize to CaptainPC, he's probably pretty broken up about it and he most likely needs to get some sleep tonight and not stare at the ceiling all night worrying about upsetting an important guy like you.

Your response rated a 9.9 on the clueless meter, and its still irrelevant.

Bob,

The solution above was recommended because it may work for you. It was not posted here as spam as you may think.

You may have thought Blue Iris was a mobile solution however it is actually PC software. The iOS and android apps are additions.

Take a look at these pages and if it does not look interesting to you then I apologize for wasting your time.

http://blueirissoftware.com/6.html

http://blueirissoftware.com/7.html

~Mike

My apologies... it does appear to be a multi MFG platform. Its still not quite what I was looking for according to the compatibility list though. It looks like it will work with a number of IP cameras (which is good) but does not appear to be setup to work with many(any?) DVRs.