fdnyfish

Dahua HWF2100 Color Issue

I have 4 HFW2100's and a NVR3216

2 of my camera's have a PURPLE IMAGE (Top 2 Images)

Notice how green the grass is on the lower 2

Any ideas how to fix these?

218480_1.jpg

do you try to debug the menu of the IPC ? use the PC contect to the IPC , than open the IE web addr of the IPC , see if the video is normal.

video is the same from the NVR or directly thru the camera.

I reset the camera from the reset button and the video is the same.

This camera has awful white balance, worst I've seen in a modern day camera. It changes depending on the time of day, which way it's pointed and even from camera to camera. You can tweak the image settings to try and get something better.

I have the same issue, but with just one out of (7) 2100's. It mostly appears during the brightest part of day. I use customize setting and it goes away. This would appear to be a firmware issue to me ??

BTW running 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

218509_1.jpg

On the other hand, why is it just this cam....it may be going back.

That looks like the IR filter is not going in during the day. My HFW3300C does the same thing sometimes. This is one of the flaws of the Dahua night vision system - every part of the IR system is controlled separately.

Here's an easy test.

When it comes up purple, switch Day/Night to Night, then back to Day, and see if it looks good. This works on my 3300 when the IR filter stays out.

Edited by Guest

You may have to play with it...on mine though it seemed to look best if I kept the same values for both settings. What version of firmware are yours running ? The verdict is still out as what is the cause of this.

I have 3 HFW2100 cameras. 2 out of the 3 exhibit this same dilemma. I used to keep Scene mode in the auto setting but at 1 point in the day the image would turn a purple hue as well.

Switching from day to night or rebooting the cameras would return it to a normal state, but sometime during the day the purple hue would return.

I keep my Scene mode customized and it keeps the image stable but wonder why my third camera can function normally in auto scene mode.

My firmware is the latest from my supplier which is 2012-10-31.

I will say something we have in common is the 2 cameras I have that mostly overlook a grassy area exhibit this problem. The third camera I have does not overlook any grass and does not have this problem.

Could it possibly be the scene and lighting that are causing the issue.

I have the same problem with my Dahua HFW2100. At 2:00 AM the image color turns "green" and it will only come back to normal after there's some movement...

Any workaround for this?

If it always happens at 2 am, you may have the 2 am reboot feature enabled. I disabled that on mine months ago, with no problems.

Otherwise, it may be a firmware bug. Posting your firmware version might give a clue.

My 2100 doesn't do this, but it's watching a driveway and street, with no grass. It's also on an older version of firmware- 2012-06-21.

If it always happens at 2 am, you may have the 2 am reboot feature enabled. I disabled that on mine months ago, with no problems.

Otherwise, it may be a firmware bug. Posting your firmware version might give a clue.

My 2100 doesn't do this, but it's watching a driveway and street, with no grass. It's also on an older version of firmware- 2012-06-21.

Hi Max. Bingo! The option to "auto reboot" was checked. It's strange they use it as a "default" option.

Thank you very much.

Ps: just for information, my firmware seems to be the latest one, 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31.

The next firmware for the 2100 has quite a few improvements, including BLC/HLC/WDR like on some of it's siblings, and also customizable white balance, so that you can choose a specific area in the image you want it to use to calculate white balance. That's quite useful if you have some neutral area in the image.

And the most important: They have fixed the noise reduction issue that caused a lot less detailed images.

I was really surprised when I hooked up a Dahua ipc-hdw2100 mini ir dome, same specs as the ipc-hfw2100 but actually had very good white balance and better low light sensitivity. It's a more recent model so maybe they corrected the problems. Where it was not as good was the IR illuminators. I have pictures/video on my blog.

What version of firmware did this one come with? Those sound like some good improvements. It doesn't have WDR enabled, does it?

No WDR and it's older, one of the first to ship, had it on my desk and never did anything with it. Was going to use in my garage but not sure the IR LEDs work all that well.