prinler

Solar powered DVR

Father -IN- Law called me today. Someone broke into his yard again. IT has no power and alot of cool expensive stuff in there. Completely fenced and razor wire topped... How,,, i dunno but we wanna find out.

He wants it to be solar powered with 2 cameras. I can do the solar part no issues, i do it at work. My issue is finding the proper DVR and cameras for this situation. All of the DVR's run off of a 12V PSW that i seen. Same with most cameras. I dont see powering it an issue but finding the lowest draw is.

Issues are:

low power consumption - HDD take alot of power to run but how much?

Would a SSD drive work for security or would it ware out to fast? is the HDD used even if i chose to only record motion?

What is a good affordable DVR? Everfocus is kinda pricey

Cheers~

Prinler

Im also looking to make it wireless. I have been out of the point to point market for a long while.

218634_1.jpg

whats the best option here?

I would look at the power requirements first, see how much power they use per day.

Then look at the solar power capabilities of systems available. Let us know what you decide to do.

Consider going with a geovision 2 channel video server. Add an external hardrive for onsite storage. I believe it is 12VDC/3amps. To conserve power go with a star light low-lux box camera (12VDC/150Ma) in an enclosure to avoid IR led's and extend battery life. Add a wireless access point and you can drive nearby and pull video with a laptop.

Your runtime with depend on the size of your battery bank and solar array. You can supplement power requirements with wind power. I have had clients request the their system be able to run 2-3 days in case of poor or no sunny days. Most decent solar panels (monocrystaline) will general power on overcast days. Still it is better to err on the conservative. On top off all that they usually want it to be discreet and invisable. Well life is all about trade offs. Hope this helps. Good luck and report back. Kind regards.

pyro

An Axis IP cam with edge storage. Records to an SDHC card installed in the camera (up to 64gb). No DVR necessary.

mobotix might be your best option low power so will run 365 days a year on solar no problem.

duel lens 3mp for day and 1mp for night and low light and audio both ways.

if you want a login for one in action PM me.

221115_1.png

mobotix might be your best option low power so will run 365 days a year on solar no problem.

duel lens 3mp for day and 1mp for night and low light and audio both ways.

if you want a login for one in action PM me.

My car costs less!

Would be interested in a demo login if you have. The demo's on Mobotix website are limited.