I am having difficulty viewing AnyKeeper through a VNC. I am using RealVNC. I can access the DVR program, but I only see blue screens. Is this a driver issue? Any suggestions?

Andy

Change in resolution did not work. I can VNC the DVR but still just get Blue Screens from the cameras. At the unit itself, I have good video.

Andy

VNC is not really the best choice for viewing what is on the DVR screen. I have a similar problem when I VNC to my DVR. This is on a Geo card.

I had to use the mini switch feature to reduce the video size which enabled me to see what was on the DVR screen. My resolution was set at 800x600 also. It still wasn't small enough to allow me to see the DVR screen video images.

If you specify the DVR you are using maybe somebody else can chime in and help you with that particular DVR.

I disabled all but one camera inorder to isolate the problem. I tried 320x240; 640x240 and 640-480. I still get a blue screen when viewing via VNC.

I am using RealVNC, has anyone had a better expreience with other VNC platforms?

Andy

Change your monitor resolution settings on the DVR to 800x600, changing the camera resolutions will have no effect on what you are trying to accomplish. Also change your DVR GUI panel resolution to 800x600 to match that of the DVR itself.

Scottj

You also would need to set up the VNC server to show all colors ..

But I would never use Remote Desktop or VNC to view the cameras.

Rory

I set the DVR resolution at 800 x 600. The GUI is definately not set correctly since I can only see a portion of the window. I could not see how to change the GUI resolution, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I thiought that maybe the resolution was detected upon instalation. This is not the case. How can I reset the GUI resolution to 800x600.

Andy

on the VNC server itself, the VNC software, goto configuration and set up the display part in there to view all colors .. or make sure it is set up, or it wont show all colors and wont see the cameras .. except maybe in 9 way view o r higher as they are then smaller camera views ..

I have set the colors VNC colors to show all - still no success.

I think that the DVI GUI resolution change is on the right track. How can I change the DVR GUI resolution to 800x600? Note that when the DVR monitor display is set to 800x600, not all of the DVR GUI is visable.

you need to set both the DVR Server Software to 800x600, and then the Computer Screen Res to 800x600. Not sure how it is done on Anykeeper.

Still, why not just use the Remote Software that comes with it?

Rory

As Rory stated just use the remote software that is designed for the DVR the programs you are trying to use do not support multiple moving pictures your video is your problem. I have played with PCANYWHERE 11.0 on a true 100 meg network just a dvr and remote only and used almost 100% of the bandwidth and that was a LAN so you do the math on the internet that is about 70 T1 lines.

Charles R Irvine

I love VNC.

It’s slim and trim and does the job very nicely. (I don't mean for watching video)

And it’s free.

Highly recommend this program.

I am having difficulty viewing AnyKeeper through a VNC. I am using RealVNC. I can access the DVR program, but I only see blue screens. Is this a driver issue? Any suggestions?

The reason may be because real video is painted through videocard's overlay surfaces. This is a usual case if software uses DirectShow to paint video. If so, I don't think you will find a solution for this problem, ie. to see through VNC, maybe other that finding an option in your DVR program to use another method to paint video.

You can take a screenshot on your DVR machine (using PrintScreen key and then paste into gfx application), if you don't see video shotted be sure this is an issue I mentioned above.