Sign in to follow this  
Ken Layton

Speco camera replacement o-rings for camera housings

I have a friend with several Speco Pro Video model CVC-7WMTDV vandal resistant outdoor dome cameras outside his restaurant. While doing routine maintenance (cleaning the inside and outside of the plastic domes), I have found the black o-rings inside that seal out the moisture are cracked or falling apart. I've tried several times ordering the o-rings from my local Speco camera distributor, but the distributor tells me, "Speco said the camera is too old and they do not support it at all. No parts available, Sorry". So, it appeared I could not get those black o-rings. The originals are JIS B2401 (Japan Industry Standard, B2401, metric o-ring) and Speco's parts list for this model camera did list the original JIS numbers.

G-140 which crosses to Parker # 2-160 N674-70. This is the larger black o-ring that seals the halves of the camera housing.

G-100 which crosses to Parker # 2-241 N674-70. This is the smaller black o-ring that seals the plastic dome itself.

Turns out I have a local Parker brand o-ring distributor (Industrial Hydraulics in Tumwater, Washington) just a half mile down the road from my Speco camera dealer. I took the old o-rings in with me and the friendly, helpful staff came up with Parker brand o-rings that were pretty darn close to the originals and were only $2.26 and $1.80 each. I bought several and they fit the cameras perfectly. I swapped out all the o-rings on all the cameras and all is well again.