shakabrah1213

Digital Watchdog 12x PTZ

I am needing information on a Digital Watchdog 12x PTZ for an outdoor application with little to no lighting. Do I need a IR illuminator to compensate for the low light condition? I currently have two IR bullets and would like to try the PTZ which would give me range, but I am concerned I may not have enough lighting since the PTZ does not have IR's.

Go in a room in your house with no windows, shut the door and shut the light off. Do you see anything? No you don't. Do you

think you need IR's to help you see in the dark? OK, you just answered your own question. You can either go with

an IR illuminator, or a better choice would be to actually light up the area better to secure the area more and help the camera

out in return.

Thanks for that info, however I didn't want to purchase the ptz just to test it in low light conditions, I was hoping someone can confirm that it will or will not work. I looked at other post on ir illuminators and some recommended ebay and others recommended $500 solutions, untop of the price for a low light technology ptz. I may even just add more ir bullets 9mm-22mm vf lenses.