Sign in to follow this  
Reid

Access Control System Recommendations

We currently have a new building under construction for which I'm looking to install an access control system. The system would be used on 4 exterior doors and 2 interior doors to start. The building has a central IT closet and the farthest door is 75 ft away.

I'd prefer to do the install myself. The majority of the building is solid wood walls, so all wiring must either be run (visibly) on the wall, or run under the floor slab. My thought is to keep most of the controllers in the IT closer and run 1" conduit under the slab and directly up into the door frame to wire the readers, position switch, and strike. Any thoughts on this vs having a junction box at the door.

For readers, I'm looking to use HID iClass SE. Strikes would likely be from HES or Adams Rite.

The one question I still have is which system to go with. S2 Netbox and Lenel GoEntry 3.0 are some options I've looked at, however one of the main issues is that both systems need to be bought through an authorized dealer. Would anyone here care to recommend a system which you believe would work well for us.

Thanks

We do keyscan which can be purchased through Graybar Adi scansource Northern Video. etc

We like Keyscan for their tech support. We have done some infinias through the same suppliers. Check out both websites for a better idea of how they work.

Bosch Access Easy Controller or AEC 2.1 has been a great product for our company this year. It's very robust and super easy to setup. It can handle 4 doors and 4 readers strait out of the box so you'll need an extension panel to accommodate the 6 doors that you need and that will also give you 2 to grow on. Here's a link http://products.boschsecurity.us/en/TAMS/products/bxp/SKU13842554993002934411-CATM330b03b4b3c52b006b8926b198f08011

Good Luck!

I would strongly suggest you avoid GoEntry/TruPortal. Platform is based on Lenel's NGP panels and has many problems. I know that the system occasionally locks up and readers stop responding to credentials until the panel is rebooted.

We use all HID Global products, especially the Edge and VertX line because there are so many software and cloud provider choices. Also, Honeywell is well known in this space and what's used in one of the high rises where own property.

One interesting system is Bright Blue from Ingersoll Rand which has some cool wireless choices that one community I've worked with liked that may apply to your old building.

Ive worked on Honeywell Prowatch, Lenel, Napco Continental , and Software House. i prefer Continental only cause they dont stop support on old software. and dont refuse you help if you havent paid for a license upgrade. So what ever you decide...id asked about support and ask for referrals of companies presently using that product.

I have used Paxton, Isonas, Galaxy, Bosch and DAQ stuff for access control. DAQ actually has a new thing called Entrowatch that it pretty excellent. If you have never heard of DAQ it is because they were too busy protecting things like the Pentagon and Army bases to mess with advertising. Here is the system I am referring to:

http://entrowatch.com/us/