bass1176

IP camera and PC No router near.

Wondering if theres a solution to this. We need 1 IP camera to send footage offsite, problem is the router is too far and all we have is wireless internet to that room. So wondering if theres a none wireless solution to connect an Ethernet IP camera to the PC directly without a router, and allow for NAS and remote viewing. Not sure if creating an Adhoc from the machine would make this possible.

Years ago, I set up a PC like you are describing. It had a WiFi network connection to the internet (router) and I set up its Ethernet port to bridge to the wireless network. So I know it can be done, but that was way back in Windows 98. I believe the option in Windows was called ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Try doing a search on that.

Yes cheet, using crossover cables rather then straight cable. Just was hopping someoen tried this in the past using cameras, to give feedback on the ip given and how to access it externally if even possible.

Thewireguy- That pc in that room is connected wireless, no ethernet cable coming in.

Hope someone played with such setup. I just basically want to plug the cam to the machines Ethernet port and have external access. Pc has internet 24/7.

Yes cheet, using crossover cables rather then straight cable. Just was hopping someoen tried this in the past using cameras, to give feedback on the ip given and how to access it externally if even possible.

Thewireguy- That pc in that room is connected wireless, no ethernet cable coming in.

Hope someone played with such setup. I just basically want to plug the cam to the machines Ethernet port and have external access. Pc has internet 24/7.

that all u need

use bridge mode

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/access-points-range-extenders-and-bridges/dap-1522-xtreme-n-duo-wireless-n-access-point