Has anyone connected an analog camera over coax to a Dahua NVR yet? If so, what did you use to make it work? Thanks.

Has anyone connected an analog camera over coax to a Dahua NVR yet? If so, what did you use to make it work? Thanks.

use a video server (analog signal to IP )

Philip

Im confused by this post. Your title says Ethernet over coax, but then your post says analog over coax to an nvr. So Ill reply the answer I think you're lookiing for.

If your talking about connecting an ehternet POE type camera to a piece of coax. You cannot just run ethernet over coax with some dongles. It requires powered hardware to convert the ethernet frames to coax and back when it reaches its destination. Distance is limited. Gefen makes products that will do just that. They are not cheap.

If your talking connecting a full analog coax camera to an NVR which typlically doesnt have any analog inputs. There are NVR out there that have the abiltiy to do both. Im not sure dahua makes one. You might want to look at their website.

If you want to connect analog & IP cameras DAHUA to a unique recording device, you can:

-use a Hybrid DVR+NVR (not this case, since the main recording equipment has already been bought)

-use a NVR for recordings and (!)any DAHUA DVR as NVS/Video Encoder; DAHUA's NVRs have the ability to record their DVRs too (without the need of a HDD in the DVR) and, also, have the option to select which channel you want to record/display (thus the D1 resolution advertised in NVRs - the NVR can help making a bridge/upgrading existing system)

If you want to connect analog & IP cameras DAHUA to a unique recording device, you can:

-use a Hybrid DVR+NVR (not this case, since the main recording equipment has already been bought)

-use a NVR for recordings and (!)any DAHUA DVR as NVS/Video Encoder; DAHUA's NVRs have the ability to record their DVRs too (without the need of a HDD in the DVR) and, also, have the option to select which channel you want to record/display (thus the D1 resolution advertised in NVRs - the NVR can help making a bridge/upgrading existing system)

Thanks for filling in the holes.

As a side note, coax can be HD-SDI too (or proprietary HDCVI) for digital compressed MegaPixel over coax, but I doubt this is the case

As a side note, coax can be HD-SDI too (or proprietary HDCVI) for digital compressed MegaPixel over coax, but I doubt this is the case

Thats not how I read his question so I didnt even consider that...but that is also true!

My scenerio is, customer has 3 existing analog cameras, impossible to rerun the wires. He wants 13 more Cameras and wants IP. How does that dvr bridge work? I dont mind throwing in a 4 channel dahua. We want to keep the cost down rather than installing an HD sdi system and upgrading 3 perfectly good cameras. They do their job and the customer is happy with them.

So, I connect the dvr to the same network as the NVR but how do I give each channel on the dvr a channel on the NVR?

You have this option in the NVR's Remote Device Menu (since I don't have a NVR online now, you can test this through your own NVR and see that it has options to setup ip/port/user/pass and channel to record).

Along the way I have come across this vid. Jump to about the 6:55 mark and it covers what you want to do. I'm not sure if it will bring in any dvr brand, or if it has to be a dahua dvr. Good luck.

LWWXbeb0VF8

Is it possible to add a ddns or IP address from another network from another location into one of the channels?

In that vid it seems to indicate that to do it, everything must be able to be found within the same network. But the vid is all I'm guessing from. Wouldn't know for sure.

I got an NVR to view an IP camera in my house the other day, but than I deleted it and now can't get it to work again.

Like you said, internal network definitely works, but why wouldn't the nvr be able to view an outside network IP?

That is something I didn't knew, thanks for sharing all your Dahua knowledge dexterash! " title="Applause" />

So, let's say, with a Dahua NVR3216, is it possible to record 4ch at 1920x1080@25fps; but it would also be possible to record just 3ch at 1920x1080@25fps, and also at the same time 4ch D1@25fps from a Dahua 4ch DVR?

You'll get the best image of a DVR via VGA, on a CRT monitor (old style), since it doesn't do any post-processing.