Sign in to follow this  
fznuk

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR for MAc?!

Hi Guys... I know this budget unit has been mentioned....I read the post but still having some issues with it...if anyone can help?

I have installed this unit as a 4 camera system at a residential property.

The system runs fine.....BUT, as the owner is amainly running Apple Mac PC's, is there ANYWAY he can view the system internally via a mac based browser (safari, Firefox etc)?

we have tried several third party apps but none work.

I have tried from my own PC remotely and it DOES work ok (Windows 7 64bit IE9...with the tweaks!) - I have also got it to work from the same PC and using Firefox V20 and IE tab2!

The camera system owner cannot view ANY of the cameras or the system from ANY local Mac?! (But can..just about, from an ipad!)

His is on Talktalk via a HG533 router....we have set the port forwarding using Net: 8080, Media 9000 and Mobile 100......but this must work since I can see it all remotely.

He cant get ANY mac to see the system at all?!

cheers!

There is a Software call DVRplayer for Mac, which works on some DVR system, maybe worth a try, i know that the old version 1.1.4 did not work on my macbook 10.8.4, but the newer version 1.2.4 does work fine.

I think zmodo made the software if thats any help to you. I have not seen it for sale, but i had it come with my DVR, as said thou the older version i was sent with mine did not work, until they updated it.

Not sure if its something that is for sale, or bundles with certain DVR systems, can always fire you a copy to test with.